Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

Mechanical woes? Ask other members for tips and advice.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:08 am
Location: Oxfordshire
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#16 Post by katie1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 pm

fatboy wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:54 pm
It's all a learning curve !
Long nosed pliers are an essential when playing with fiddly springs like that, injuring digits is not fun.
I'm pretty sure a blood sacrifice is demanded by the god of bikes on every occasion where tools are required. Even when cleaning (which is why I try not to do that too often, I can't handle the blood-loss :smt003 )
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

fatboy
World Champion
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: BATH

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#17 Post by fatboy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:13 pm

katie1 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 pm
fatboy wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:54 pm
It's all a learning curve !
Long nosed pliers are an essential when playing with fiddly springs like that, injuring digits is not fun.
I'm pretty sure a blood sacrifice is demanded by the god of bikes on every occasion where tools are required. Even when cleaning (which is why I try not to do that too often, I can't handle the blood-loss :smt003 )
If you make a blood sacrifice too often then the god expects even more, more trapped fingers, more skinned knuckles, more screwdriver stabbed thumbs.
Let the god know you've wised up trying to do it properly......
Then smash yourself in the eye with that bloody hex key you just hit with a hammer, hoping to undo that stubborn screw
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

User avatar
BikerGran
Gran Turismo
Posts: 3912
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Any further south and I'd fall off!

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#18 Post by BikerGran » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Fatboy - do you think we should tell him about the ping-fukit?
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

User avatar
Wildebeest
Despatch Rider
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:46 pm
Location: Liverpool
Main bike: Suzuki GN 250

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#19 Post by Wildebeest » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:34 am

What's a ping-fukit?

User avatar
katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:08 am
Location: Oxfordshire
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#20 Post by katie1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:05 am

Wildebeest wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:34 am
What's a ping-fukit?
Sounds like the reason I just bought a box of replacement circlips :smt003
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

fatboy
World Champion
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: BATH

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#21 Post by fatboy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:05 pm

Until you've seen it, you would never believe that you send a tiny but essential little clip into orbit with a screwdriver .
Now don't get me started on the ' chaos pixies '
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

User avatar
Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Northwich, Cheshire

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#22 Post by Firestarter » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:47 pm

I've actually taken to wearing eye protection when doing my bearings, because the circlips were inclined to fly across the garage and then take refuge in the darkest, most cluttered corner in an attempt to not be returned from the poking recess from whence they came
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

User avatar
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3710
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#23 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:44 am

There's some kind of axiom which states that the part that is hardest to get and cannot be bought separately is the one which will ping off into a black hole reserved for such parts.

fatboy
World Champion
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: BATH

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#24 Post by fatboy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:47 pm

mangocrazy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:44 am
There's some kind of axiom which states that the part that is hardest to get and cannot be bought separately is the one which will ping off into a black hole reserved for such parts.
This is the what the ' chaos pixies ' feed on , they possess immensely sophisticated telematics that will alter the trajectory of pinged off clips, dropped needle rollers ect.,so they end up in a parallel universe
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

User avatar
BikerGran
Gran Turismo
Posts: 3912
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Any further south and I'd fall off!

Re: Suzuki GN 250 - indicators going insane

#25 Post by BikerGran » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 am

katie1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:05 am
Wildebeest wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:34 am
What's a ping-fukit?
Sounds like the reason I just bought a box of replacement circlips :smt003
That's the one! :smt045
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

Post Reply