Saying Hello

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#31 Post by randomsquid » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Obiwan Kenobi wrote: Why is the OE shocker so bad then? I know my bike has done 20k so will need a refresh anyway, but apart from that?
I had my suspension done at 20k after doing a few thousand miles on it myself and it transformed the bike. The rear linkages were starting to get sticky which wouldn't have helped but the shock managed to be a strange mixture of rock hard squidgyness. Show it a road with ripples and you'd be smacked about like you'd been to visit Mrs Smacky.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#32 Post by HisNibbs » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Ran mine with the blue shock when I was getting the Ohlins reconditioned. Yes the ride is harsher but I didn't find it as bad as most make out.
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#33 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:31 pm

but keef - you are a stripped down racing snake compared to the rest of us lard arses.....

its the lack of adjustment - it has none to speak of

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

fatboy
World Champion

#34 Post by fatboy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Squid and Alad have put it in context.....
It is not capable of coping with hard fast cornering, it simply does pogo stick, too slack and too harsh at the same time,throwing you around a bit.
Not nice and not trustworthy
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

zoidberg
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#35 Post by zoidberg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:19 pm

It's too bouncy when getting a wriggle on. I've had a few head shakes from it. I now have a fully serviced yellow spring sachs unit and linkages ready to go on.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#36 Post by mangocrazy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:39 pm

randomsquid wrote:the shock managed to be a strange mixture of rock hard squidgyness.
fatboy wrote:too slack and too harsh at the same time
Exactly. I don't know how it does it, whether the spring is rock hard and the damping is soft, or the damping is rock hard and the spring's too soft, but those comments describe it exactly.