Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Stiff drink please

#1 Post by D-Rider » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:22 am

Since leaving work last night

1) Came within a gnat's fart of writing off the falco (idiot driver turning off of a roundabout, me about to exit in the same direction and pass smoothly accelerating out of the turn - driver just before leaving said roundabout flicks on the right turn indicator and swerves to continue round the roundabout back the way he or she had come. My stoppie must have been extremely impressive as I came to rest inches from the car's rear quarter .... the car sailed on oblivious ......)

2) My youngest son's girlfriend is away with her mum and auntie for her auntie's "significant birthday". Last night she had her phone stolen from out of her hand.

3) My youngest son was out last night with his friend. Stopped the car at a zebra crossing. Some yobs came up, pulled the doors open, smashed my lad in the face, pulled his mate out and broke his arm. They spent the rest of the night at A&E and then Joe came back to wake me up at 7am to say I had to take him back in for an op this morning .... and that after paying for his hospital car park had lost his bank card.
I've been at the hospital with him since 8am awaiting the plastic surgeon to be ready to fix him up. Have now swapped with my wife who will stay with Joe while I get a load of jobs done at home.

Still got to get through the rest of Saturday and Sunday - so plenty of opportunity for a few more incidents before the weekend is done .........

So, I could do with a stiff drink (though it'll probably have to wait 'till I've got my jobs done)!
Last edited by D-Rider on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#2 Post by Willopotomas » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Farkin ell mate. Have as much as you can manage.. Sounds like you really do need it, and not just in the virtual sense. Where was Joe when this happened? I take it dibble have been informed? (not that they would do anything about it.. be a 'civil' matter of course! :smt013 )
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#3 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:54 pm

In this instance. I will buy you a drink

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Willopotomas wrote:Farkin ell mate. Have as much as you can manage.. Sounds like you really do need it, and not just in the virtual sense. Where was Joe when this happened? I take it dibble have been informed? (not that they would do anything about it.. be a 'civil' matter of course! :smt013 )
Hi Will. Zebra crossing outside the SkyDome. He's not informed anyone - been at the hospital virtually ever since ..... and STILL waiting for them to take him down to theatre.

TBH he says he's not going to report it - though I will try to persuade him.
For years he has only had very bad experiences of police harassing him and accusing him of things which are ridiculous - and always turn out to be just that. He's also seen their complete ineptitude in the way they dealt with things when I was knocked off my bike and when I was assaulted .... or rather completely failed to deal with things.
Hard to persuade him to talk to them given they've done everything they can over the years to loose any respect they might have had.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:In this instance. I will buy you a drink
Cheers Pete
-- Albert Einstein

slickliner6
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#6 Post by slickliner6 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:38 pm

I think you need a couple of stiff ones..( baseball bats for revenge springs to mind) but don't suppose that would help matters.

So I'm gonna put my hand in my pocket and grab a few beer tokens for ya.
A day without a laugh is a day wasted.

we were so poor when i was growing up.Dad said "its a good job i was born a boy,at least id have something to play with" ;-)

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#7 Post by BikerGran » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Reckon you'll need more than 'a' stiff drink by the time it all slows down enough for you to do that!

Have to say I can understand your lad's reluctance to report, the police will probably think it was someone he knows with a grudge - maybe it was? I thought you were going to say they nicked his car but clearly not if he had to pay for car park.

Fingers crossed for no more this weekend at least!
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

fatboy
World Champion

#8 Post by fatboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:27 pm

That is an unreal amount of shit in a short time.
Hope it all works out okay and will see you in the bar when you're ready, all the best
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

blinkey501
World Champion

#9 Post by blinkey501 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Sad weekend up to press Andy. Get anything from the top shelf and I will buy :smt002
Tolerance will be our undoing.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#10 Post by D-Rider » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the good wishes.

We've at last got Joe home. He's tired, in a bit of pain but looks a bit better now they've done a bit of work on him .... though he's not going to win any beauty contests at the moment.

Hopefully the weekend will pick up from here :)
-- Albert Einstein

HowardQ
World Champion

#11 Post by HowardQ » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 pm

The rest of the weekend has to go better than that!
Have a very large glass, on me, of anything you want mate.
I can see why your son feels the way he does, but I would twist his arm just a little bit, these twats really do need to be put away if possible, and this has to be either GBH or ABH. (not just assault).
Hope it all goes OK with your son's operation.
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#12 Post by MartDude » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Were you born under the same star as Geoff? I'm beginning to think we should be calling you Job, rather than Noah.

There's a bottle of whatever you fancy, with your name on it, behind the bar, with my compliments.

Oh, and make sure Joe does pursue this with the plod; not to only to give them something to justify their existence, but also in case of any future developments - encounters with same yobs, future health issues, etc.
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#13 Post by flatlander » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 am

WTF!!!
Anything you want and am happy to stop my medication for a day or two and accompany will on a visit for a "chat"

I can offer up a rounders bat I bought from a service station in Spain ... Comes inscribed with "ojo mis cojones" and "anti gamberro"

Watch my balls and anti twat bat which has to be my favourite

Failing that anything you want off any shelf and a JD for Joe
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#14 Post by D-Rider » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:37 am

Thanks for the kind words and offers of vengeance - but I don't do vengeance - and even if I did we have no idea who these thugs are.

I would like to hear how they can justify themselves, what motivates them and how they can sleep at night because I really can't get my head around it.

Anyway, we can all move on now - until the next crisis!
-- Albert Einstein

joecrx
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#15 Post by joecrx » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 am

omg , d-rider hope your sunday is alot better , have a jug of beer on me