Anyone want a well sorted Falco? £1750

If you're selling your motorbike, any parts or accessories - then place your FREE advert here. No trade adverts.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

odermate
Despatch Rider

Anyone want a well sorted Falco? £1750

#1 Post by odermate » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi guys,

Should have signed up earlier - great forum, anyway hi, am a Kiwi in London and had my Falco for over a year now. She's very well sorted, I was going to split the extras off the bike but everything I've done you'd want done to your Falco too and reckon the new owner will appreciate them. Cosmetically it's got a few flaws up the front (see below) but is very straight and mechanically A1. Haven't stopped spending money on it since I got it and absolutely love the Falco but going to upgrade to a late model RSV Factory (Aprilias have won me over) and hence selling the Falco.

Heaps of extras, bike was pretty much standard when I got it and have fitted most of these, hopefully I remember them all...

K&N air filter (and original)
Carbon can co pipes (and originals)
Dr Rossi ECU chip (and original)
Maxton shock (and original) + also got a white spring RSV shock I may include
Derestricted airbox and ECU
Carbon front guard
Heated grips
Genuine Aprilia panniers
Aftermarket Bubbsywoo side stand (and original)
Charging system mod - increases charge rate
Brown connector sorted
Clutch jet mod (.40 jet) (and original)
Mini clear indicators
Aftermarket Oberon clutch slave
Aftermarket levers (and originals)
RSV front sprocket cover (so you can view beautiful clutch slave (and original)
Slightly shorter gearing for better acceleration
Wavy EBC front discs
Pillion seat and matching hump
90 degree angled front tyre valve (must have!)
Rim stripes

New pads and new Maxxus tyres <1000miles
Very recent chain and sprockets
Used data tool alarm (not fitted) included
Tool kit

Year 2000, 25k miles (still using it), got MOT in April (flew throught) and tax due this month.

The bad bits....it's an ex cat C or D (not sure which - was minor front end damage in crash - first owner had car open it's door in front of him, hit it but didn't actually lay bike down) fairing all fixed up and painted (90% of bike including tank uneffected) but front and side fairings are slight mis-match and no stickers, few other minor blemishes including a very slight nick in the frame (tried to show in photo), missing headlight lug and little bit of paint chipped from where previous owner dropped bike parking on a ferry after the fix (very hard to tell in photos and just being upfront) but mechanically A1 and very well looked after, whatever it's needed it's got. I've done 18,000 very happy miles on her.

Cosmetics aren't that bad (rear fairing and tank are mint) and didn't worry me when I bought it and I have done some awesome trips on the bike and she hasn't missed a beat. Most of the miles have been touring as I train for my commute. Most reliable bike I've ever owned. Drop me a line for any more info but been as thorough as can be. I don't like suprises with bikes so been as detailed as can be. More than happy to keep it for the winter if it doesn't sell but ideally I'll move it along so I can move up to the RSVR.

Price £1900 - think this is fair compared to others with this many extras and taking into consideration the flaws. Popping it on here before I bother with ebay etc.

Photos:

Last edited by odermate on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kiwi in the UK. Big red v-twin fan.

Samray
Double World Champion

#2 Post by Samray » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Looks a real bargain.

Stop chewing your finger nails! :smt018
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#3 Post by flatlander » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 am

Isn't our London kiwi due an upgrade? Just wondering loike? ;)
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 am

Yes - looks good - I too was thinking that a kiwi to kiwi transfer may work out well.

BTW welcome odermate - and stick around on the forum when you've got that new bike of yours
:smt023
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

k1w1boy
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#5 Post by k1w1boy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:06 pm

flatlander wrote:Isn't our London kiwi due an upgrade? Just wondering loike? ;)
I have my eye on something else - also for sale on here :smt003

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#6 Post by flatlander » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Maybe we could buy shares in you to help you get there more quickly in return for b and b or courier services etc. I was going to say in return for favours but even I could see where that was going lol
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

k1w1boy
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#7 Post by k1w1boy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:48 pm

flatlander wrote:Maybe we could buy shares in you to help you get there more quickly in return for b and b or courier services etc. I was going to say in return for favours but even I could see where that was going lol
...I'm touched but unfortunately, my flatmate is intolerant of couch-surfers (you should check out the chill in the air if I'm lucky enough to bring a girl home :smt019 ) and it's hard to courier without a vehicle.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#8 Post by flatlander » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:43 pm

I had a flattie like that in the states he was training to be a Lutheran minister. Came back with beer and girls one night woke him up to party he was not happy
And if you sold shares you would have a bike and could courier simples

Obviously not via bangkok

odermate
Despatch Rider

#9 Post by odermate » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi guys, this one's still for sale, now taxed till April and mileage up to 28k miles. Not going to get much use over winter and not fussed if it doesn't sell till next year but sing out if you know anyone keen as got my eye on a RSVR that would make a lovely next bike! Cheers, Nick

odermate
Despatch Rider

#10 Post by odermate » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Knew there was something else. Got a matching red baglux tank cover I'll also include with the bike unless it sells before, as i'm not using it happy to split £60 delivered.

odermate
Despatch Rider

#11 Post by odermate » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 am

Hi guys, now it's thawing out my Falco is back up for sale. Panniers provisionally sold separately so not included unless new buyer gets in quick. Cheers

odermate
Despatch Rider

#12 Post by odermate » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Price reduced to £1800, still bringing a smile to my face every time I get on her but got to make way for new wheels.

odermate
Despatch Rider

#13 Post by odermate » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 pm

And again...