Hi from Spain!

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Message
Author
oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: Hi from Spain!

#16 Post by oma » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:55 am

Wow. Hello all.

This seems to be dreamscape I've fallen into. Names from the past I recognise but from another era.
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

User avatar
BikerGran
Gran Turismo
Posts: 3851
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Any further south and I'd fall off!

Re: Hi from Spain!

#17 Post by BikerGran » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Ho oma! I remember the name!
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: Hi from Spain!

#18 Post by oma » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 am

Hi bikergran. I'm from a long time past. Probably 08 or 09.

Im from the original RS with Hammy, Big_Nige, Jorge Hans and so on.
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

Ben
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Re: Hi from Spain!

#19 Post by Ben » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am

Is Big Nige around still?!

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: Hi from Spain!

#20 Post by oma » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:03 pm

Ben wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am
Is Big Nige around still?!
Over on Facebook.
He is still riding bikes, of course, and has an 1000XR for the moment.
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

User avatar
BikerGran
Gran Turismo
Posts: 3851
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Any further south and I'd fall off!

Re: Hi from Spain!

#21 Post by BikerGran » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:41 pm

oma wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 am
Hi bikergran. I'm from a long time past. Probably 08 or 09.

Im from the original RS with Hammy, Big_Nige, Jorge Hans and so on.
Yeah, I'm sure we met somewhere along the line, I used to ride a Blue Kwak GT550.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: Hi from Spain!

#22 Post by oma » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:18 pm

BikerGran wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:41 pm
oma wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 am
Hi bikergran. I'm from a long time past. Probably 08 or 09.

Im from the original RS with Hammy, Big_Nige, Jorge Hans and so on.
Yeah, I'm sure we met somewhere along the line, I used to ride a Blue Kwak GT550.

I remember you. Did you turn it to a trike?
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

User avatar
XTreme
Despatch Rider
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:39 pm
Location: Granada, Spain

Re: Hi from Spain!

#23 Post by XTreme » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm

I remember you as well Oma......good to see you!

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: Hi from Spain!

#24 Post by oma » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:26 pm

XTreme wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm
I remember you as well Oma......good to see you!
Howdo.
You created maximumbikes, didn't you?

It all seems a long time ago.
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

User avatar
XTreme
Despatch Rider
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:39 pm
Location: Granada, Spain

Re: Hi from Spain!

#25 Post by XTreme » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm

oma wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:26 pm
XTreme wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm
I remember you as well Oma......good to see you!
Howdo.
You created maximumbikes, didn't you?

It all seems a long time ago.
Good memory oma.......that was way back in 2004.

Social Media finally killed it off about 5 years ago.

Yeh......time goes fast! I'm now an OAP and it's coming up to 15 years since I left Britain!

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: Hi from Spain!

#26 Post by oma » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 pm

XTreme wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm
oma wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:26 pm
XTreme wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm
I remember you as well Oma......good to see you!
Howdo.
You created maximumbikes, didn't you?

It all seems a long time ago.
Good memory oma.......that was way back in 2004.

Social Media finally killed it off about 5 years ago.

Yeh......time goes fast! I'm now an OAP and it's coming up to 15 years since I left Britain!
Bloody hell.
15 years ago., ffs.

I know I did a crazy rideout with some guys from maximimbikes. We met at Abergavenny bus station.
I think Gio might have been there too.

Racetrack Wales. At its finest.
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

User avatar
XTreme
Despatch Rider
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:39 pm
Location: Granada, Spain

Re: Hi from Spain!

#27 Post by XTreme » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:58 pm

oma wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 pm
XTreme wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm
oma wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:26 pm


Howdo.
You created maximumbikes, didn't you?

It all seems a long time ago.
Good memory oma.......that was way back in 2004.

Social Media finally killed it off about 5 years ago.

Yeh......time goes fast! I'm now an OAP and it's coming up to 15 years since I left Britain!
Bloody hell.
15 years ago., ffs.

I know I did a crazy rideout with some guys from maximimbikes. We met at Abergavenny bus station.
I think Gio might have been there too.

Racetrack Wales. At its finest.
Yeh I remember.......I think I'd gone to Spain by then though.

Phil (Renegade) would definitely have been there on his red ZRX1200.

He's still got it but hardly rides now......restricted by a combination of arthritis and emphysema......and getting closer to 70.

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: Hi from Spain!

#28 Post by oma » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 pm

XTreme wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:58 pm
oma wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 pm
XTreme wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm


Good memory oma.......that was way back in 2004.

Social Media finally killed it off about 5 years ago.

Yeh......time goes fast! I'm now an OAP and it's coming up to 15 years since I left Britain!
Bloody hell.
15 years ago., ffs.

I know I did a crazy rideout with some guys from maximimbikes. We met at Abergavenny bus station.
I think Gio might have been there too.

Racetrack Wales. At its finest.
Yeh I remember.......I think I'd gone to Spain by then though.

Phil (Renegade) would definitely have been there on his red ZRX1200.

He's still got it but hardly rides now......restricted by a combination of arthritis and emphysema......and getting closer to 70.
He was. And a crazy bloke on a ZZR1100 (I think) he made me go faster, officer.

Good memories.
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

Post Reply