Falco scarcity

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Tonyunn
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Falco scarcity

#1 Post by Tonyunn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:44 am

At the end of the summer I started looking for a bike and after reading many reviews of Firestorms and the like I was steared towards a Falco.

It was September when I started looking hard for a bike to buy and I eventually found one near where I live (10 miles) and I bought it early November.
I still look now using the same criteria and I am amazed to see the same 6-8 bikes are still for sale around the country, there never seems to be more than 10 or 12 bikes for sale at any one time.

I know they didn't make many but are we now coming to the end of the supply of Falcos coming onto the market.

Seems I was lucky finding the one I did. :smt003
Speed Blue SL 1000 Falco
Harley Davidson....the most efficient way to turn petrol into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower..

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#2 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:53 am

i think there are around 2000 in the uk - though that figure is negotiable and is only a guessimate

there are some out there still.... just rare LOL

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

nteck uk
Despatch Rider

#3 Post by nteck uk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:26 pm

It never sold in big.numbers.
There are few alternatives SV ,ST 4 etc
And once the V bug bites your going to keep it .
RSV-R
was sv curvey

Tonyunn
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#4 Post by Tonyunn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:29 pm

I expect Alad to jump on this but is there a register of Falco's it would be nice to see how many are actaully still out there.

20, 30 or 40 on this site?
Speed Blue SL 1000 Falco
Harley Davidson....the most efficient way to turn petrol into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower..

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by MartDude » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Tonyunn wrote:
. . 20, 30, 40, 50 or more
The bloody Red Baron was rollin' up the score
If Pete is Snoopy, who's the Red Baron?
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#6 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:i think there are around 2000 in the uk - though that figure is negotiable and is only a guessimate

Please be aware that the forum statistician is the same who was convinced that there were no more than 5 Oasis Green Falcos .... then that there were 5 Oasis Green Falcos.

He's probably right - you can select this 5 from any of the 6 we've found so far ..........

:smt005

There are a lot of Falcos still about - they don't wear out very quickly. I think one reason they don't come up for sale that often is that a large proportion of owners would never sell.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#7 Post by Dalemac » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:14 pm

D-Rider wrote:
Aladinsaneuk wrote:i think there are around 2000 in the uk - though that figure is negotiable and is only a guessimate

Please be aware that the forum statistician is the same who was convinced that there were no more than 5 Oasis Green Falcos .... then that there were 5 Oasis Green Falcos.

He's probably right - you can select this 5 from any of the 6 we've found so far ..........

:smt005

There are a lot of Falcos still about - they don't wear out very quickly. I think one reason they don't come up for sale that often is that a large proportion of owners would never sell.
And, i think my falco has ha enough parts form donor bikes to swallow up an entire extra falco...

Tonyunn
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#8 Post by Tonyunn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Is it possible for one of the admins to knock up a quick poll, i.e. what colour Falco do you have, red, black blue, yellow etc. that way we could do a quick count up.
Speed Blue SL 1000 Falco

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#9 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Dalemac wrote: And, i think my falco has had enough parts form doner bikes to be classed as a true kebab
I had heard it was a right burger to keep it going
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#10 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Tonyunn wrote:Is it possible for one of the admins to knock up a quick poll, i.e. what colour Falco do you have, red, black blue, yellow etc. that way we could do a quick count up.
I'll sort something out on Survey Monkey soon - It'll let us get more information together than a simple forum poll.
:smt003
-- Albert Einstein

Samray
Double World Champion

#11 Post by Samray » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:57 pm

I reckon they're dead common. Saw two today in some grotty little Norfolk backwater. One red and one green. :smt020
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#12 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:06 pm

yes sam - but you were sitting outside the chapter hall of the falco massive, east anglian branch.....

and the red one will be assimilated very soon......

and my reason for the five oasis - i have seen a photo of the relevant aprilia stand that showed 5 falcos on it..... and interestingly enough, one is actually different than the rest iirc - euro headlights.....

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#13 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Samray wrote:I reckon they're dead common. Saw two today in some grotty little Norfolk backwater. One red and one green. :smt020
What meds have they got you on Sam?

There was probably an orange one too ... and the fact that they were shiny and appeared to float above the ground at a road junction is because they were on a pole ....

-- Albert Einstein

Tonyunn
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#14 Post by Tonyunn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Cheers D :smt001
Speed Blue SL 1000 Falco

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#15 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:33 pm

the flamingo red one has just been bought

the new owner works off shore and is collecting it in a couple of weeks having left a deposit

i suspect he will be along over the next few days....