How to post pictures

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

How to post pictures

#1 Post by Kwackerz » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:17 pm

1) Your picture must already be uploaded to a website somewhere

2) Most people get free webspace with their Internet access account, this is perfect for picture hosting.

3) If you don't have free webspace, there are several companies who provide free hosting for this kind of thing. Such as www.printroom.com

4) Once your image is hosted somewhere (and you know the address for it) you can use the formatting buttons when posting a message.

5) click the 'Img' button, this puts the necessary code into your message box

6) Immediately after this code, type in the URL for your image.

7) When you have typed in the URL, click the 'Close Tags' link.

Submit your post, and the image will be displayed.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by Kwackerz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Another somewhat easier way to share pics is to use Jet Screenshot

Downloadable from: http://www.jetscreenshot.com/ Opt for having an account, that way pics will be hosted for you indefinately.

You select the area you wish to show, upload to web, then it loads the URL into your 'paste' function. The proper name escapes me..

Click the 'Img' button, this puts the necessary code into your message box , instead of typing in the URL, paste it into your post, click the 'img' button again and there ya go.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#3 Post by BikerGran » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Tinypic.com does the same but you don't have to sign up and you just copy and paste the url, it includes the tags. Don't know how long the hosting lasts but I keep the url in a doc and have re-used it quite some time later.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by Kwackerz » Tue May 17, 2011 5:15 pm

BikerGran wrote:Tinypic.com does the same but you don't have to sign up and you just copy and paste the url, it includes the tags. Don't know how long the hosting lasts but I keep the url in a doc and have re-used it quite some time later.

Not the same as Jet Screenshot, Tinypic is solely a host. JetSS gives you the option to select an area on your desktop screen then uploads it, hosts it and sticks the URL in your clipboard so you can paste it directly into your post.

Just like this before I edited my spellung mistooks.. :

or were you on about printroom.com ? :smt017