If you are all dead

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

fatboy
World Champion

If you are all dead

#1 Post by fatboy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:40 pm

And unable to post anything on here does that mean I can have all your bikes ?
There is some well sorted Italian and Austrian metal out there that would look good in my yard !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#2 Post by Falcopops » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:32 pm

nope

fatboy
World Champion

#3 Post by fatboy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Well that makes 3 of us who haven't been bored to death by UK politics

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#4 Post by BikerGran » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:54 pm

Of course it could be that all the others are out having adventures on their bikes?
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

fatboy
World Champion

#5 Post by fatboy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:20 pm

So why aren't they boasting about it?
Everybody chills at the end of the day, riding kit off,pours a big glass of beer/wine/gin/vodka/petrol......
and then boasts about it !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#6 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:55 am

I've done shamefully little bike riding this year, due to a combination of factors. Earlier in the year the weather wasn't great and when it cheered up I was up to my arse in brick dust, hammer drills, 15 and 22mm pipe and fittings...

For the best part of the last two months I've been doing all the prep work for a new central heating boiler, with the added complication that all the pipes have to be buried in the wall behind where the boiler will be mounted, and line up with the row of pipe tails (6 of the buggers) that are presented on the boiler. I'm just about ready for the C/H engineer to arrive for final fitment (next Friday) just as the weather starts to get cooler and rainier.

But I'm off to France in a couple of weeks, and the KTM will be coming with me and the cat in the van, so all is not lost... :smt003

katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

#7 Post by katie1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:33 pm

Oh well, if I must

:smt002

Been up to my ears in work recently but we did manage 7 nights in France last month :smt004 First time touring on the KTM and what a fabulous ride :smt003

Did a nice round trip: Reims, Dijon, Valence, Montpellier, Brive la Gaillarde, Le Mans and Camiers before heading back to Oxford.

Managed to avoid peage most of the way and stuck to the twisty bits. Did make an exception to finally go across the Millau Viaduct but that was worth it!

Lots of long lunch stop, good hotels, good food all the way round and a bike that didn't miss a beat. Comfortable, huge tank range, insanely fast when needed and just as happy on the motorway as it was on (what appeared to be) a goat trail that the satnav had listed as 'a bit twisty'...

I'd had the Cat replaced with a link pipe but have now been tempted by a Scorpion Red Power exhaust so that's on its way to me (along with a K&N filter) so the bike will need remapping when that goes on. Apart from that, the handguards, touring screen and gtank lock bag, I've hardly spent a penny on the bike!
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#8 Post by BikerGran » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Sounds great! Makes me nostalgic for the trips I took to Normandy and Brittany on various bikes/trike. In fact the first trip on my little Yam RXS100 stroker was how I came to join RiderSite! (a long ago incarnation of). Kwackerz saw something I'd written about it and invited me to join. I think that trip was in 1999!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#9 Post by Falcopops » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Shitty summer, looking after old people, becoming an international radio superstar and general apathy has significantly limited my mileage on the Falco this year :smt022

katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

#10 Post by katie1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:03 pm

BikerGran wrote:Sounds great! Makes me nostalgic for the trips I took to Normandy and Brittany on various bikes/trike. In fact the first trip on my little Yam RXS100 stroker was how I came to join RiderSite! (a long ago incarnation of). Kwackerz saw something I'd written about it and invited me to join. I think that trip was in 1999!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Great pics :)
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#11 Post by DavShill » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:04 pm

We did a Wales trip in early May and a longer Scotland trip in late May. Only one small camping trip (2 nights) in the Lakes.

No big continental trip on the bike this year.

Still here though.... and no you can't have my bikes :smt002