Inspiration needed

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

back_marker
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Inspiration needed

#1 Post by back_marker » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 am

Morning all, been a while since I posted on here as I have not been riding nearly as much as I would like to over the past couple of years, for a number of reasons, but now trying to rectify that.

I have now come to the conclusion that as I am mostly using the Falco to commute on ever busier roads, that the time has come to try a bar/streetfighter type conversion. To that end, I am looking for some inspirtation as to what I can do with the front end of the bike that will look good, and not like it has been cobbled together through a combination of ebay and the Demon Tweaks catalogue. I don't like the look of the trimmed standard fairing, and i don't think a Tuono front end is really the way to go either. Obviously the official streetfighter kit would be perfect solution - the eagle-eyed among you may have noticed with some amusement that I have placed a wanted ad in the relevant forum (yes, I know) - but if anyone has any other suggestions - some fabrication is not an issue - then I would be very grateful to hear them.

Obviously if anyone does happen to have a spare set of streetfighter panels gathering dust that they would consider selling, I would be very interested.
Racing is life - anything before or after is just waiting.
- Steve McQueen

fatboy
World Champion

#2 Post by fatboy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:35 pm

Maybe a Tuono is the one you want ?
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

back_marker
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#3 Post by back_marker » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:18 pm

You may well be right, but I still really like the Falco, and justifying buying another bike to myself / Long-haired Sunray / Bank manager could be tricky.
Racing is life - anything before or after is just waiting.
- Steve McQueen

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by mangocrazy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Can't really help much, I'm afraid. I've made some minor alterations to mine to pull the bars back and up a couple of inches, but nothing that approaches streetfighter levels. And even providing that comparatively minor alteration took large amounts of blood, sweat, tears and time.

If you need to make major changes to the bars for comfort's sake, then a different top yoke and a set of bar risers would seem to be the way to go. And I object to bastardised top Falco fairings as well, on both aesthetic and philosophical grounds...

I'd have a look on AliExpress.com, as any solution you find there will be way cheaper than anything else.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:35 pm

By the time you've spent on the bits you need to convert it, you are well on the way to the price of a used Futura to put alongside the Falco.
That's been my strategy and I can heartily recommend it.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#6 Post by KitchenSync » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:37 am

So tempted to propose a Falco - Futura swap... bit then I tweaked my back yesterday and remember how my (long stolen) Falco used to feel. In the end I out the bars on top of the headstock and "just" managed to avoid trimming the fairing.

Tbh - I even find myself riding the Futura one-handed for relief. I wish it had the Falco's cruise control **cough** I mean fast idle.
2002 Signor Falco - stolen in Nottingham, ringed and alive again down south under an assumed identity
2002 Futura - King Fut
2011 Skyteam Bongo 125 - reimagined as Daryl's ride from The Walking Dead

HowardQ
World Champion

#7 Post by HowardQ » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Agree with the bars over the headstock, my mate had his that way on his Falco with no particular problems!

Worth a try!

H
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P