Dodgy connectors - time to replace

General Aprilia banter

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

Dodgy connectors - time to replace

#1 Post by KitchenSync » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Total electrical fail last weekend... watch this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByfmIEilsjw ... _copy_link

Hard to imagine after 17 years of never being unplugged and totally dry they can still fail. I'll be replacing them shortly ESPECIALLY as today on the way to work it started stuttering again - I'm not sure if it's down to this connection but it was fine all last week even in the rain!

No that's not a standard headlight - the reflector's been switched out with twin HID projectors and COB eyes on a custom laser cut mount. Did the same for my Falco - most awesome million sun power lighting.
2002 Signor Falco - stolen in Nottingham, ringed and alive again down south under an assumed identity
2002 Futura - King Fut
2011 Skyteam Bongo 125 - reimagined as Daryl's ride from The Walking Dead

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by mangocrazy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:11 am

Nice one - those HID lights look amazing. And what's the music?

KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by KitchenSync » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:38 pm

mangocrazy wrote:Nice one - those HID lights look amazing. And what's the music?
That's IAMX.

I do need to rewrap the lens... in fact the whole bike needs a wrap after multiple drops have left it cracked and scuffed. I'm thinking a weird scheme involving camo colours. I'm certainly not repainting it as one more drop and fairings will need replacing at which point it'll get Tuonoed for the remainder of its life.
2002 Signor Falco - stolen in Nottingham, ringed and alive again down south under an assumed identity
2002 Futura - King Fut
2011 Skyteam Bongo 125 - reimagined as Daryl's ride from The Walking Dead