It'll be all white in the end

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Foxstein
Despatch Rider

It'll be all white in the end

#1 Post by Foxstein » Wed May 08, 2019 6:08 pm

After my track day spill, I have decided to paint the old girl after filling in the scratches. A trip to halfords and Ford Diamond white was the winner, also they had the most cans. She's all sprayed up and now just waiting for some decals to finish her off, going for the lions head off a SR50 in dark grey.Waiting for the bellypan to arrive and spray that up too. Got some new Motad Venom silencers to put on and she should be ready for her MOT. As soon as the decals are on I'll post some pics. Toying with the idea of some mirrors with indicators built in, has anyone done this mod?
[/img]

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Thu May 09, 2019 11:52 am

Sounds interesting - It'll be good to see some pics when it's done.

Mirrors with indicators has been done before - and I thought about doing it myself some years ago.

Some have fitted GenII RSVR mirrors but they really require spacers so that the angle is set right and so you can see past your elbows. There is info about this on the AF1 forum (some chap there made up a batch of spacers some time ago)

Another option is Gixer mirrors. One nice thing about them (If I remember correctly) is that the glass moves independently of the housing. Can't remember much more about this one.

I have bought some aftermarket ones for my Futura. I really don't like the Futura's mirror indicators so am planning to swap them.
As it stands, I'm happy with separate indicators for the Falco - as I can see well behind thanks to the long-stalk" RS125 mirrors I've got fitted.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by Greg » Thu May 09, 2019 3:25 pm

D ...

I've got the 'long' stalk RS mirrors on the Falco, but with the high bar conversion I can still only see marginally more than fuck-all...

I'm considering a pair of bar-enders mounted on the 'wrong' ends of the bars so that they're underneath the grips ..

G
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...

Foxstein
Despatch Rider

#4 Post by Foxstein » Sun May 12, 2019 5:49 pm

How do you post pics? Looked on FAQ and it don't look easy !!

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by mangocrazy » Sun May 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Unfortunately you need to upload your pics to a Photo Hosting service (such as Photobucket, although I wouldn't recommend them) and then link to your Hosting service. It would be great if we could store all images locally (i.e. on the server), but that just isn't possible at present.

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#6 Post by Greg » Mon May 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Photofuckit is just shite. I use these guys for one-off uploads .. Just upload the image you want to post, they give you a url that you drop into your post...
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...

Foxstein
Despatch Rider

#7 Post by Foxstein » Tue May 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Thanks guys but couldn't get the hosting site to work, but did manage to upload pic to April's Forum, which I'm sure we all use as well :smt018

Foxstein
Despatch Rider

#8 Post by Foxstein » Wed May 15, 2019 6:03 am

Image[/img]
Will look better when the bellypan is on and I've painted the front mudguard black. New Motad Venom exhausts replaced the dinted ones. Decals are for a RS 50 printed in any colour combination. Going to change the aprilia badge to letters only. Also painted the bottom of the screen to give it a different look.

fatboy
World Champion

#9 Post by fatboy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:42 pm

That is really nice, well done that pilot !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !