Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

The Welsh ...

#1 Post by Greg » Sun May 05, 2019 6:05 pm

..... National Rally of course !

Another one under the Falco's belt, the last two have gone without a hitch, however this one caused much merriment with my GS riding companions..

Issue 1 was a stuttering misfire that started within 40 miles of setting off - quickly diagnosed as a dodgy side-stand switch, which in all honesty I thought had already been removed as it never did what it should have done.. However a quick bypass of the wiring and we were off again.

Issue 2 was a little more embarrassing - the day of the rally came and the bikes had been outside in near zero temps - not normally a problem until..... the fucker wouldn't start! It too a good five minutes of cranking, and in the end desperate measures of WOT cranking before if spat back a couple of times then reluctantly spluttered into song.

Since then though, no other problems and 900 miles later I'm home nursing a slightly numb arse and a strong Pernod..

Roll on next year!

G
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...

fatboy
World Champion

#2 Post by fatboy » Sun May 05, 2019 7:19 pm

Greg,
Is your bike trying to tell you something about your choice of destination and choice of riding companions ? :smt002
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by Greg » Sun May 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Who knows, but it was an epic weekend - riding that was reminiscent of almost every other part of Europe I've ridden in, but all in Wales.. There was even snow on Snowdon!
They keep trying to persuade me onto a V4 but the Falc just keeps on delivering..
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...