I swear it's true

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

I swear it's true

#1 Post by KitchenSync » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:03 pm

The Futura is the most sensitive bike ever to front tyre pressures. Just a few psi makes the difference between confident tooling and unpredictably falling into corners and the steering feeling like treacle.

Or is it the Road 4s? My lovely Falco never did this.
2002 Signor Falco - stolen in Nottingham, ringed and alive again down south under an assumed identity
2002 Futura - King Fut
2011 Skyteam Bongo 125 - reimagined as Daryl's ride from The Walking Dead

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 am

I can always feel if my Falco pressures have dropped a couple of psi or so - not to the extent of it making it difficult to ride but enough to notice.
I've not noticed the Futura being any different.
I do have different tyres on both so not a direct comparison.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

#3 Post by katie1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 pm

How many miles have you got on the tyres? The reason I stopped using PRs was because they were horrible after a few thousand miles - unpredictable grip in the rain, uneven wear on the front and felt like riding on tramlines!
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#4 Post by Falcopops » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 am

I had a slowly deflating front tyre prior to the last change and it would drive me mental.

I changed to angled valves at the last tyre change and I was at last freed from the nasty heavy feeling. Imagine my frustration after about a month it reappeared, but on checking the pressure was fine, so I put it down to me being an idiot. In fact I was correct, because I didn't check the rear pressure, which was down about 10psi :smt009

fatboy
World Champion

#5 Post by fatboy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:14 pm

The RC8 had been recently handling like a barge rather than the missile it should be.....
front tyre down by 6 psi.
Normal hooliganistic service resumed
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Gio
Double World Champion

#6 Post by Gio » Sun May 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Every bike I've owned regardless of make a drop of a few pounds makes a lot of difference to the handling, I have in fact wondered if its more to do with the fact that none of my bikes were what is called standard.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"