Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

MOT Drinkies

#1 Post by D-Rider » Sat May 19, 2018 12:21 pm

The bar is open ....

The Futura passed its MOT this morning :smt004

The bar can remain open for a while as the Falco will have its MOT on Monday .... hopefully the outcome of that one won't force me to hastily shut the bar !
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

fatboy
World Champion

#2 Post by fatboy » Sat May 19, 2018 3:49 pm

I raise my glass in your direction my good Sir !
That news has surely stolen the thunder from that wedding thing I keep hearing about, also I hear there is a bit of a footie kick about later ?
Fuck em, that's the news I like to hear. No doubt the Falco will be a pass as well as you your fettling stuff rather well !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by D-Rider » Mon May 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Yes, the Falco passed without any issues (of course).

So the Futura passed it's MOT on Saturday on the last day of the old MOT rules,
the Falco passed today on the first day of the new MOT rules.

I think I should get some kind of award or a Blue Plaque erected in honour of this .... but I guess I'll have to settle for a couple of MOT certificates.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

fatboy
World Champion

#4 Post by fatboy » Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm sure you should get a blue plaque stuck on the wall for that. I wasn't aware of any new rules affecting my bike, perhaps that reflects how easy going and sensible my local tester is.
However, I am rather worried about the new rules affecting the car.... maybe hope it can be converted from green Skoda to Blue plaque ???

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 am

fatboy wrote:I'm sure you should get a blue plaque stuck on the wall for that. I wasn't aware of any new rules affecting my bike, perhaps that reflects how easy going and sensible my local tester is.
However, I am rather worried about the new rules affecting the car.... maybe hope it can be converted from green Skoda to Blue plaque ???
I think you have to visit the dentist to get the plaque sorted :smt002
-- Albert Einstein

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#6 Post by DavShill » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:36 am

Top job Andy. Cheers.

MarkJones108
Despatch Rider

#7 Post by MarkJones108 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 am

Had my Falco MoT'd last week.
Looking at the mileage history, I am ashamed to say I am not doing enough miles on her, but I intend to change that again this year.

It was a pass - with a verbal advisory - Change the Clutch fluid because its black :smt081 - Little did the tester know of out blackening clutch fluid - its only a few months old, and darkening every day...
Black Falco.
Owned from new!
RSV Swing arm, Showa rear shock

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#8 Post by mangocrazy » Thu May 30, 2019 7:05 pm

MarkJones108 wrote:It was a pass - with a verbal advisory - Change the Clutch fluid because its black :smt081 - Little did the tester know of out blackening clutch fluid - its only a few months old, and darkening every day...
If that was enforced nationwide, the only Falcos on the road would have had a clutch fluid change the night before the MoT...

Glad to say mine passed its MoT earlier this week and will rumble again over the weekend... :smt003

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#9 Post by D-Rider » Thu May 30, 2019 8:08 pm

In the new rules, they can fail you for contaminated brake fluid (though if you have an opaque master cylinder, they are not allowed to open it to look at the fluid).
There is no check for clutch fluid - I don't believe you should get an advisory for that - especially as evey Aprilia turns it black in a few days.
My Falco has its MOT tomorrow ... brake fluid is "regulation black"
I'll be arguing the toss if they try picking me up on that!
-- Albert Einstein

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#10 Post by D-Rider » Fri May 31, 2019 1:09 pm

D-Rider wrote:In the new rules, they can fail you for contaminated brake fluid (though if you have an opaque master cylinder, they are not allowed to open it to look at the fluid).
There is no check for clutch fluid - I don't believe you should get an advisory for that - especially as evey Aprilia turns it black in a few days.
My Falco has its MOT tomorrow ... brake fluid is "regulation black"
I'll be arguing the toss if they try picking me up on that!
Hmmm ..... well my Falco didn't pass its MOT today :smt022

..... though it didn't fail either .....

Rookie mistake by its owner.
I've been away this week and when I came to get it out of the garage, I noticed the optimate was not plugged in. Thinking that it would be just my luck that the battery would be flat, I thought I'd try and start it before taking it out of the garage - so I could give it a quick blast on the optimate if needed.
Stupid thing wouldn't start. Thought I'd try my jump start battery.
Still wouldn't start.
Cancelled MOT and rescheduled for Monday - thinking the starter solenoid may have failed (I have a spare).
Came back to the garage to wheel the bike out to take it apart and fit the new solenoid .... the bike wouldn't move.
I must have caught the gear lever when I left it and it was in gear.
Into Neutral and it started immediately.

If I'd not worried that I'd not connected the Optimate, none of this would have happened!

Doh!
-- Albert Einstein

fatboy
World Champion

#11 Post by fatboy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:29 pm

Thank fuck it's not just me that gets caught out by that kind of shit......... :smt002

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#12 Post by DavShill » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:18 pm

At least it wasn't the kill switch Andy :smt001

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#13 Post by D-Rider » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 pm

Now that I've learned how to start my Falco, I took it for MOT after work today. Sailed straight through - as expected.
So both Falco and Futura MOT'd within the past few weeks.
-- Albert Einstein

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#14 Post by DavShill » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:35 pm

:smt001