New addition.

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

blinkey501
World Champion

New addition.

#1 Post by blinkey501 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:21 am

Just picked up this nice H1.

It needs a few touches to make it even better. For the year the bodywork looks very good, with a few "rub" marks where the knees have touched when riding.

I will be changing the forks as these are pitted and have damaged the fork seals.

Also the alternator belt needs changing.

Oh and there is a section of chain guard missing near where you foot would be.

Motor runs sweet, and with 34,000 I think pulls well and is sooth.
:smt001
Tolerance will be our undoing.

Gio
Double World Champion

#2 Post by Gio » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:14 am

Very nice, all green would be better though imo. :smt001
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by Greg » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Looks like a cracker of a Kwacker ..!

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Nice one, Jay. A mate of mine was a huge fan of ZXR750s of that era and had 3 - a ZXR750J in metallic blue, a ZXR750L that was frankly a bit of a dog, and ZXR750K (the WSBK homologation special with flat slide carbs and adjustable swingarm pivot) with a Scott Russell paintjob.

The K was absolutely bonkers, and felt like a two-stroke on steroids. From what I recall the H1 was quite a hard-edged machine, that got diluted a bit in subsequent models.

I'm sure you've got yourself a fun toy and an appreciating asset there... :smt003

blinkey501
World Champion

#5 Post by blinkey501 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:03 am

mangocrazy wrote:Nice one, Jay. A mate of mine was a huge fan of ZXR750s of that era and had 3 - a ZXR750J in metallic blue, a ZXR750L that was frankly a bit of a dog, and ZXR750K (the WSBK homologation special with flat slide carbs and adjustable swingarm pivot) with a Scott Russell paintjob.

The K was absolutely bonkers, and felt like a two-stroke on steroids. From what I recall the H1 was quite a hard-edged machine, that got diluted a bit in subsequent models.

I'm sure you've got yourself a fun toy and an appreciating asset there... :smt003
Not too keen on the later models Graham.

I have been looking out for a fairly decent H1 or H2 for a while and viewed three or four?

I like it when I turn up and they don't even clean them. I managed to knock off a couple of hundred off the asking price, but I will be spending that to get the bike mechanically sound.

The body work is "Nearly" there. But I would imagine that knowing myself it will be having a trip to the painters.

I feel a full resto coming on.....
Tolerance will be our undoing.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#6 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:42 pm

I think the values of early ZXR750s are about to really take off. It's scary to think that the early ones will be 30 years old soon...

I prefer the slightly more rounded look of the later ones, but can completely understand why you wanted an H1 or H2.