Do Traffic cops have nothing better to do?

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#16 Post by randomsquid » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:36 pm

flatlander wrote: I have recently had a good experience with a traffic cop so appreciate his common sense and avoid speeding etc more carefully on his patch ... Sabes us both the embarrassment :)

That said it is my only I one in 50 years pus !
Tactful mode engaged - remember the tv advert with Kevin the giant fruit bat? You're a bigger one. This might have a bearing. On the other hand the normal people like me have only ever had happy interactions with the police. Except for the ones in North Wales. Who are a bunch of cunts.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#17 Post by flatlander » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:32 pm

I should at this point remind you of my proximity to borth Wales ... If only to keep the sheep on their toes ....
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#18 Post by Firestarter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:35 pm

flatlander wrote:I should at this point remind you of my proximity to borth Wales ... If only to keep the sheep on their toes ....
Literally or figuratively?
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

fatboy
World Champion

#19 Post by fatboy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Im sure someone has the photo's
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Dusty
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#20 Post by Dusty » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 am

Thankfully, still a force in Scotland despite the daft name. This is from their website: "Police Scotland is the second largest force in the UK after the Metropolitan Police."

However, they probably need to be in order to protect the significant sheep population.

T.C.
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#21 Post by T.C. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:
I can understand TC's pride - but i think i can understand other people's cynicism as well
Oh believe me, pride has nothing to do with it, and in fact I have cringed on many occasions when I see the lack of professionalism and more worryingly lack of knowledge of traffic law by traffic cops, compared to how it used to be, and laclk of driving or riding skills is another subject on its own, especially after speaking to my old crew mate who is now retired but an instructor on the school.

Hence the reason I have not made any comment, because as somebody suggested, it was not so much as a press article per se, but taken from the inforce magazine which I still get sent as a retired member, and some of it did make me chuckle and I thought some here might enjoy seeing how they are bigging themselves up in house :smt002

It is all about cost cutting, and idiots in the higher ranks who come up with a plan to make themselves noticed and assist in their promotion claims rather than Policing by consent for the benefit of the public
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#22 Post by randomsquid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:46 pm

While you're here TC, what is the correct answer to, 'Does sir know how fast he was going?' Seems to me they've got you all ways with that one.

TwinkietheKid
Despatch Rider

#23 Post by TwinkietheKid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:04 pm

randomsquid wrote:While you're here TC, what is the correct answer to, 'Does sir know how fast he was going?' Seems to me they've got you all ways with that one.
"Apparently fast enough to get your attention, since my sparkling personality didn't work." :smt083
Last edited by TwinkietheKid on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'03 Falco, in the fast colors
'15 Caponord, look upon my toy, ye Mighty, and despair!  :smt001

Frenzies bewilder, reveries perturb the mind.

fatboy
World Champion

#24 Post by fatboy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:34 pm

TwinkietheKid wrote:
randomsquid wrote:While you're here TC, what is the correct answer to, 'Does sir know how fast he was going?' Seems to me they've got you all ways with that one.
"Apparently fast enough to get your attention, since my sparkling personally didn't work." :smt083
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

T.C.
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#25 Post by T.C. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 pm

The correct answer is "You are te one that clocked my speed, and I am sure it will differ to what I think I was doing, so you tell me first" :smt002 or

"Whatever speed it was, can you add 20 MPH as I am selling the bike and it will make it more appealing to perspective buyers" :smt002

Joking apart, the opening line used to be "Are you aware what the speed limit on this road is?" But then some of these jobsworths thought it would be funny to throw in the sarcasm. They think they are clever, many are unifirormed numpties
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next

slickliner6
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#26 Post by slickliner6 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:29 pm

so if i get stopped and say (in a pretend slurred voice)

"i havent touched a c*nt all night dropstable"

would it raise a laugh ??? lmao
A day without a laugh is a day wasted.

we were so poor when i was growing up.Dad said "its a good job i was born a boy,at least id have something to play with" ;-)

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#27 Post by Firestarter » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Probably not. Sarcasm seems to be a one-way thing with some (quoting TC) "uninformed numpties"
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#28 Post by randomsquid » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:01 pm

I've always thought that, 'Yes officer I do know how fast I was going,' would be a reasonable starter for ten. Failing that then natural charm, crying or offers of sex should work...

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#29 Post by MartDude » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:21 pm

I think traffic cops are wonderful. They sent me on a nice speed awareness course last week.
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#30 Post by Willopotomas » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Top tip. Get stopped by an armed response unit. They don't hand out tickets.. Well, they didn't for me. Got one of the biggest tickings off in my life, and it worked better than any course or fine. Since then I've calmed down my speed a lot, and tend to pay more attention to the speedo.

However. That wasn't traffic. My experience with them is far from enjoyable. Three times I've been pulled by traffic, and all three times the bloke didn't have a single clue what he was babbling on about. For two pulls I was on 'L' plates, batting around on a CG125.. Hardly the fastest thing on the road, but I was stopped for [and I quote] "pulling away from traffic lights too quickly". I didn't break the speed limit.. I was in full control of the bike. But the copper decided to try and scare me. Back fired. Took his number and made a complaint. Still got the letter from plod telling me they'd look into it.. Doubt they did.

Second time I was driving around a roundabout to come off at the third exit when a panda car joined at the second and cut me up. I blasted the horn, as one would when being cut up, and took my exit. Officer Dibble went all the way around and followed me up the road and stopped me. Gave ME a ticking off for "aggressive driving". At this point my bile was starting to rise. Told him he cut me up, so was using my horn to warn of my presence (as is law) to which he told me I had to give way to him! Told him bollocks (he didn't like that. could tell because that's when he reached for his note book) and that without his blues & twos he's just another road user out to get me. Asked if he was going to book me for nothing, or if I could get on with my journey. Needless to say I got the "be careful blah blah blah" speech. Left him to it. lol.

Third time was being pulled for not having my head light on. In broad daylight. I wasn't in the best of moods. Tried to pass the attitude test, but this bloke was a proper twat. Again, asked if I was going to get a ticket or if he was passing time before clocking off. He started with the 'safety' lecture.. I just rode off.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.