Seals etc for Brembo Brake & Clutch parts

The place to discuss any issues with your Aprilia, share tips and handy reference links

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

gramey

Leonardo 150 brake caliper seals???

#31 Post by gramey » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Okay so this is an old thread but I'm hoping somebody will read it and be able to tell me where I can get replacement seals and boots for the front caliper on my 1999 Leonardo 150 scooter, pretty PLEASE????

fatboy
World Champion

#32 Post by fatboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Try Powerhouse, Sheffield
0114 2351010
They have a website, have seals for a great deal deal of things, service and rebuild calipers.
I got a complete Falco front seal set for £48, thats both sides inc copper washers and bleed nipples

enquires@powerhouseautomotive.co.uk
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

gramey

#33 Post by gramey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Thanks fatboy, I rang them today and got my seals sorted out but they didn't have the pin and brake spring. Sadly the only people that do have it ant £21 for one pin, one spring and an e clip. I'll clean up the old ones and order new ones from Ultimate Parts who have them priced at £4.74! :smt001

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#34 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:56 am

gramey wrote:Thanks fatboy, I rang them today and got my seals sorted out but they didn't have the pin and brake spring. Sadly the only people that do have it ant £21 for one pin, one spring and an e clip. I'll clean up the old ones and order new ones from Ultimate Parts who have them priced at £4.74! :smt001
Beware Ultimate Parts postal charges though.
You might want to shop around other Aprilia dealers (such as Griff at Aprilia Performance)
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#35 Post by Dalemac » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 am

D-Rider wrote:
gramey wrote:Thanks fatboy, I rang them today and got my seals sorted out but they didn't have the pin and brake spring. Sadly the only people that do have it ant £21 for one pin, one spring and an e clip. I'll clean up the old ones and order new ones from Ultimate Parts who have them priced at £4.74! :smt001
Beware Ultimate Parts postal charges though.
You might want to shop around other Aprilia dealers (such as Griff at Aprilia Performance)
Yeah, ultimate parts postage prices are the biggest con ever. They are only in nottingham and I am there fairly regularly...but would they let me pick them up from the warehouse! Have a guess... :smt013

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#36 Post by mangocrazy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:31 am

Yes, postage charges are clearly where they make their money.

gramey

#37 Post by gramey » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up guys, I'll check first on their p&p :)

gramey

#38 Post by gramey » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Does anybody know if I need to do anything special when rebuilding the caliper with regards to lubing the new seals? :)

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#39 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:35 am

Randomsquid lubes his seals with vaseline, ky jelly and what ever else he can find on the beach.....

oh, sorry, you meant the brake seals, not the ones on the beach....

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#40 Post by Dalemac » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:44 am

gramey wrote:Does anybody know if I need to do anything special when rebuilding the caliper with regards to lubing the new seals? :)
As previously mentioned in this thread, you will definitely want some:
  • methylated spirits (submerge the caliper and pistons once you have stripped and given then an initial clean - old/cheap toothbrushes work well here)
    brake fluid - obviously. You'll want to lube the pistons and the new seals with it too.
    silicone grease - To lubricate the dust seals. Readily available from Halfords.

gramey

#41 Post by gramey » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks peeps, one last question when I went to clean the two halves of the caliper a ball bearing fell out of one. I think it came out of the hole where the bleed nipple goes but can anybody confirm that or does it go under the banjo bolt? :smt001

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#42 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 am

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

gramey

#43 Post by gramey » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Not really Pete, all I've got now is a downloaded manual in Italian when a simply one or the other would have been helpful :)

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#44 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:57 am

Sorry graham - I just found it, and did not open it - I hoped it would have an image

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#45 Post by MartDude » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Whilst looking for Guzzi service parts, I came across this German supplier. I don't know if any of the repair kits listed are suitable for Falco calipers, but might be worth a look. I know some Aprilias share their calipers with some Ducatis.

BTW, the oil filter and clutch and throttle cables I ordered where £12 cheaper, with shipping, than from UK suppliers.

http://www.stein-dinse.biz/Brembo/Suppl ... 3_817.html
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!