Swingarm, Suspension Linkage, Wheel & Steering Bearings

The place to discuss any issues with your Aprilia, share tips and handy reference links

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

Re: Swingarm, Suspension Linkage, Wheel & Steering Bearings

#61 Post by Falcopops » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:47 am

when I put the sprocket carriers back in I put the bearings in the freezer and the carrier in the oven on low, both for 20 minutes and they dropped in

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#62 Post by Firestarter » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:52 pm

Bearings all came out the freezer, but I think my missus would have properly kicked off if I start putting bike bits in the oven, dishwasher or anywhere else in the kitchen! :smt014
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#63 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:44 pm

Just to let anyone know who might be trying to source the correct HK1812V 'full complement' needle roller bearings - there are currently 2 sellers on eBay listing these, and the bearings in question are made by Koyo, probably my favourite 'go to' bearing manufacturer. I'm seriously thinking about ordering a full complement (i.e. 6) of these (did you see what I did there?) for future use, as they have been hard to source in the past.

Prices from the seller I used were £7.20 each for 1, £6.84 for 2, £6.70 for 3 and £6.48 each for 4 or more...

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#64 Post by Viking » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:01 am

Firestarter wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:52 pm
Bearings all came out the freezer, but I think my missus would have properly kicked off if I start putting bike bits in the oven, dishwasher or anywhere else in the kitchen! :smt014
Alternatively, if you are doing wheel bearings or the like, try pouring boiling water over the part the bearing fits into. It worked for me when I did the wheel bearings on mine...
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.