DAS Mod 2 Passed.......

If you're about to enter the wonderful world of motorcycling or you've recently passed your test, get advice and tips here. No question too daft!
fatboy
World Champion

#16 Post by fatboy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:00 pm

WoooooHoooooo :smt003 well done that man
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#17 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:17 pm

fatboy wrote:WoooooHoooooo :smt003 well done that man

Thanks Fatboy

Took The CB out for a spin, fully washed her down this morning and tucked away in bed. :smt007 :smt007

Roll on the nice weather :smt002 :smt003
2107 Africa Twin, Falco purchased........Rebuild complete .....Rossi 2 the fastest, Revealed.......................

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#18 Post by BikerGran » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:11 pm

I bought a 100cc stroker, did some lessons and a CBT, took a test, got my licence and I can ride ANYTHING!

Well, I could then.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#19 Post by Greg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Well done JL..

Of course back in the day some of us were able to ride a 250 with 'L' plates for as long as you wanted. My bike test was super-complex and a nerve-wracking affair. Twice round the block in which the test centre was situated, the examiner strategically walking round the route to take a view of the standard of your riding before randomly jumping out in front of you waving his clipboard to test your emergency stopping skillz.

Mine took all of 15 minutes including the Highway Code questions (that's the Theory Test of its time). Oh, and I fell off once, but thankfully out of his line of sight..

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#20 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:51 am

BikerGran wrote:I bought a 100cc stroker, did some lessons and a CBT, took a test, got my licence and I can ride ANYTHING!

Well, I could then.

Hi Bikergran

I wish I'd done it years ago, but the world is my oyster now, now where's my wallet and bring on eBay
2107 Africa Twin, Falco purchased........Rebuild complete .....Rossi 2 the fastest, Revealed.......................

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#21 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:56 am

Greg wrote:Well done JL..

Of course back in the day some of us were able to ride a 250 with 'L' plates for as long as you wanted. My bike test was super-complex and a nerve-wracking affair. Twice round the block in which the test centre was situated, the examiner strategically walking round the route to take a view of the standard of your riding before randomly jumping out in front of you waving his clipboard to test your emergency stopping skillz.

Mine took all of 15 minutes including the Highway Code questions (that's the Theory Test of its time). Oh, and I fell off once, but thankfully out of his line of sight..

Hi Greg

Thanks buddy, it's so different now and so long winded, I have to say the training kncked some of my bad habits out from 25 years ago, Peter my instructor from Newcastle Motorcycles was excellent even tho I didn't listen most of the time lol, such a weight of my shoulders tho and get wait for the warmer weather to come round.

Then Blinkey will be taught how to ride off the Captain..

:smt016

blinkey501
World Champion

#22 Post by blinkey501 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:19 pm

JeanLucRidehard wrote:
Greg wrote:Well done JL..

Then Blinkey will be taught how to ride off the Captain..

:smt016
Don't worry.

I will stop and wait for you..... :smt069 :smt081
Tolerance will be our undoing.

Gio
Double World Champion

#23 Post by Gio » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm

JeanLucRidehard wrote:
Gio wrote:Congrats as well then, if Blinky can keep up with it 15k in 6 months?

Cheers Gio

I doubt it he's getting on a bit :smt005
I used to ride an old BSA 250 from Liskeard in Cornwall to Durham uni 3 times a year. used to take around 15 hours and if it rained you got wet lol. Then I gave it up after an off on Box Hill until I was 46 in 2001, passd my test at 47 and since then have done about 150k on bikes and I wish I'd stayed on them in those years I didn't ride. :smt012

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#24 Post by BikerGran » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:24 pm

I didn't start riding (apart from a step-thru for a couple of years) till I was 48 - no idea how many miles I've done but I've seen a heck of a lot of Britain that I would never have seen, been to the IOM and France, and met a whole bunch of the nicest folks, got friends all over UK now!

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#25 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:57 am

Gio wrote:
JeanLucRidehard wrote:
Gio wrote:Congrats as well then, if Blinky can keep up with it 15k in 6 months?

Cheers Gio

I doubt it he's getting on a bit :smt005
I used to ride an old BSA 250 from Liskeard in Cornwall to Durham uni 3 times a year. used to take around 15 hours and if it rained you got wet lol. Then I gave it up after an off on Box Hill until I was 46 in 2001, passd my test at 47 and since then have done about 150k on bikes and I wish I'd stayed on them in those years I didn't ride. :smt012

I used to have a TZR 125 road bike and RM125 crosser, the TZR was a great little bike wish I still had it now, hey ho it was 25 years ago now, where did the years go ?, I'm 44 now and feel now is the right time to get back into it all again, I could so more mature and sensible, certainly more mature the other not so sure....., wow that's some miles my friend, I hope to start racking them up soon.

:smt003 :smt002

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#26 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:02 pm

BikerGran wrote:I didn't start riding (apart from a step-thru for a couple of years) till I was 48 - no idea how many miles I've done but I've seen a heck of a lot of Britain that I would never have seen, been to the IOM and France, and met a whole bunch of the nicest folks, got friends all over UK now!

I have to say most of the people I've met, and those I haven't yet (fellow rider site folk) are so so friendly, I can't wait to get some touring in and take in the sights :smt023

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#27 Post by BikerGran » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:52 pm

One of the things that I really enjoyed (so much that I really REALLY regret no longer being on 2 or 3 wheels) was doing the Round Britain Rally.

Have a look when you've got a spare hour or three.........

http://www.roundbritainrally.co.uk

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#28 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:43 pm

BikerGran wrote:One of the things that I really enjoyed (so much that I really REALLY regret no longer being on 2 or 3 wheels) was doing the Round Britain Rally.

Have a look when you've got a spare hour or three.........

http://www.roundbritainrally.co.uk

Hi BG

Thanks for the link, that's definitely one to add to the bucket list :smt006

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#29 Post by D-Rider » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:07 pm

JeanLucRidehard wrote:.....where did the years go ?, I'm 44 now
Where indeed did the years go ..... when I started riding, you were the grand old age of 1 .....

:smt009

..... mind you, the bike tests were a bit more straightforward in those days ....
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#30 Post by BikerGran » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:14 pm

44? I have a daughter older than you - now I KNOW I'm old!