DAS Mod 2 Passed.......

If you're about to enter the wonderful world of motorcycling or you've recently passed your test, get advice and tips here. No question too daft!
JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

DAS Mod 2 Passed.......

#1 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Well I'm so very pleased to say.....

DAS Mod 2 passed today, picked up the CB650F and got the first hundred miles under my belt, arse numb, fingers frozen, legs aching...

But GOD OH GOD it's so good to be back....

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
2107 Africa Twin, Falco purchased........Rebuild complete .....Rossi 2 the fastest, Revealed.......................

Gio
Double World Champion

#2 Post by Gio » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:38 pm

so tell us a bit about Mod 2, I've not heard of it.

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#3 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Gio wrote:so tell us a bit about Mod 2, I've not heard of it.

Mod 1 and Mod 2, Mod 1 is in a DVSA compound around cones, emergency stop, swerve avoidance, bike handling, U turns etc.

mod 2 is on the carriage way, riding test, inclusive of ten mins or so free ride, I've head for a destination by following signage only not under instruction from the examiner, followed by approx thirty mins of riding under instruction, in turn left, right or follow the carriageway.

It's a right ball ache now to pass your bike test,

A1 license

A2 license

DAS license all the same process
2107 Africa Twin, Falco purchased........Rebuild complete .....Rossi 2 the fastest, Revealed.......................

Gio
Double World Champion

#4 Post by Gio » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:00 pm

So they separated it, I did the DAS thing in 1 day, ater passing my test I had a CB500 (there's a writeup somewhere here on it) thn as my 1st big bike I got a TDM, shit its not a beginners bike, it lasted 1 week when I got shoved off it by some dumb idiot who drove like Elmer Fudd at 70mph. I then had a pan euro and then a blackbird, easily the best bike in the world build quality wise, even though its over engineered (50-75Kg overweight) got my 1st one down to 165Kg with a full tank. Not sure how light you can get a Falco but I'd say alot, manufacturers use far to much pig iron in a bike.

BTW you will spend a lot on any bike to make it personal, and you will only see a return on it if someone likes what you've done. (Selling it that is)

Anyway GL on the test, have you done the theory?

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#5 Post by Willopotomas » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Nice one. :smt003
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#6 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Gio wrote:So they separated it, I did the DAS thing in 1 day, ater passing my test I had a CB500 (there's a writeup somewhere here on it) thn as my 1st big bike I got a TDM, shit its not a beginners bike, it lasted 1 week when I got shoved off it by some dumb idiot who drove like Elmer Fudd at 70mph. I then had a pan euro and then a blackbird, easily the best bike in the world build quality wise, even though its over engineered (50-75Kg overweight) got my 1st one down to 165Kg with a full tank. Not sure how light you can get a Falco but I'd say alot, manufacturers use far to much pig iron in a bike.

BTW you will spend a lot on any bike to make it personal, and you will only see a return on it if someone likes what you've done. (Selling it that is)

Gio

Yes they have, I've passed today no more tests left my friend, nice bike history, I would not be amused if someone shoved me off mine :smt019 , I've added super sports pack to the CB 650, took it for its first 100 miles tonite and loved every minute of it, even tho it was chilly.

Oh I like to add bits and bobs to personalise just ask Blinkey.

Cheers

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#7 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:10 pm

Willopotomas wrote:Nice one. :smt003

Cheers WP, slightly chuffed with my little old self, I'll get a few miles under the belt, then bring on the Falco..

Blinkey get ready son we are going for a test ride.. :smt003 :smt003

blinkey501
World Champion

#8 Post by blinkey501 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:34 am

JeanLucRidehard wrote:
Gio wrote:So they separated it, I did the DAS thing in 1 day, ater passing my test I had a CB500 (there's a writeup somewhere here on it) thn as my 1st big bike I got a TDM, shit its not a beginners bike, it lasted 1 week when I got shoved off it by some dumb idiot who drove like Elmer Fudd at 70mph. I then had a pan euro and then a blackbird, easily the best bike in the world build quality wise, even though its over engineered (50-75Kg overweight) got my 1st one down to 165Kg with a full tank. Not sure how light you can get a Falco but I'd say alot, manufacturers use far to much pig iron in a bike.

Gio

Cheers

Yup. :smt045

Congratulations.

Now go and learn how to ride. :smt056
Tolerance will be our undoing.

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#9 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:07 am

blinkey501 wrote:
JeanLucRidehard wrote:

Gio

Cheers

Yup. :smt045

Congratulations.

Now go and learn how to ride. :smt056

Blinkey

Thanks dude, I did last nite.........

Looking forward to the ride out dude

:smt008

Gio
Double World Champion

#10 Post by Gio » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:57 am

Congrats as well then, if Blinky can keep up with it 15k in 6 months?

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#11 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:19 am

Gio wrote:Congrats as well then, if Blinky can keep up with it 15k in 6 months?

Cheers Gio

I doubt it he's getting on a bit :smt005

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#12 Post by DavShill » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:04 am

Well done, welcome to the community. Keep learning and stay safe.
..... and enjoy :smt001

blinkey501
World Champion

#13 Post by blinkey501 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:58 pm

JeanLucRidehard wrote:

Cheers Gio

It is true I am starting to age.

But although you are a little younger JL, You have smelt of wee for ages mate.

:smt107 :smt078
Tolerance will be our undoing.

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#14 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:09 pm

DavShill wrote:Well done, welcome to the community. Keep learning and stay safe.
..... and enjoy :smt001

Thanks Davshill

That's the point you only learn once you pass, I will my friend you stay safe too

:smt006 :smt006

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#15 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:10 pm

blinkey501 wrote:
JeanLucRidehard wrote:

Cheers Gio

It is true I am starting to age.

But although you are a little younger JL, You have smelt of wee for ages mate.

:smt107 :smt078

Ha ha, that's the Gin filter leaking mate

:smt023