How not to filter/weave through traffic

If you're about to enter the wonderful world of motorcycling or you've recently passed your test, get advice and tips here. No question too daft!
Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#16 Post by Dalemac » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Willopotomas wrote:Got a camera on, so trying to be a hero.
I have recently bought a helmet cam and I absolutely dispute that!

I bought the helmet camera because of the amount of fuckwittery I have seen/heard about recently regarding to false claims and just pure lying about accidents. For £100, it is a relatively cheap investment as people cannot dispute the events that are recorded in the case of a crash or accident. Then there is the shocking drop in driving standards that i have witnessed this summer...

Also, i'd argue that it makes me ride safer - any speeding/bad riding/lack of observations would also be on camera, which prevents me from being naughty!

Also, i captured some random guy on a millie doing a nice wheelie :D

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#17 Post by Willopotomas » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:37 pm

You're missing the point, Gale.

We're normal people who respect other road users and abide by the rules of the road (mostly). There are however the select few who sit and watch idiots on YouTube all day, pulling wheelies and generally riding like a knob. People like this feel the need to imitate such content and try to gain some sort of recognition for it. This chap appears to fit in to that category. Not only was he riding like a tool, he also saw the need to upload the video regardless. Now why do that? Hmm

My comment was aimed at that individual and other wannabes only, not everyone who wears a camera on their hat. :smt058
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#18 Post by Dalemac » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Been ages since someone called me Gale :smt005

No I know exactly what you mean, however I am glad he uploaded the video. Learn from other peoples mistakes and all that ;)

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#19 Post by Kwackerz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:57 am

Could've made that gap if he'd not got target fixation

Prize pillock.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#20 Post by D-Rider » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Dalemac wrote: Then there is the shocking drop in driving standards that i have witnessed this summer...
That's funny - it was only yesterday that I was thinking that it had been better on the roads this year - it's ages since someone tried to kill me (not that I'm complaining - though others might)
Kwackerz wrote:Could've made that gap if he'd not got target fixation

Prize pillock.
Actually, I did wonder that - though he still should never have been in that situation even if he could have come to rest with room to get a fag paper in either side.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#21 Post by Dalemac » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:25 pm

D-Rider wrote: That's funny - it was only yesterday that I was thinking that it had been better on the roads this year - it's ages since someone tried to kill me (not that I'm complaining - though others might)
I guess really it is down to luck. I have seen no end of people driving/riding around like idiots.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#22 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Guy was a knob

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

blinkey501
World Champion

#23 Post by blinkey501 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:Guy was a knob
:smt023
Tolerance will be our undoing.

fatboy
World Champion

#24 Post by fatboy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:11 pm

The actions and intentions of a complete prick,hoping to post some mad shit on youtube.
Dalemac, you bought a camera to cover your own ass, a very clear distinction between two sorts of riders !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#25 Post by D-Rider » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 pm

fatboy wrote:
The actions and intentions of a complete prick,hoping to post some mad shit on youtube.
Dalemac, you bought a camera to cover your own ass, a very clear distinction between two sorts of riders !
ROFLMAO ..... you've not met Gale have you ? :smt005 :smt005

I don't mean it, mate. :smt003
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#26 Post by Dalemac » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:45 pm

:smt022

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#27 Post by flatlander » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:44 pm

just remembered I can't say too much after nearly getting crushed overtaking a lorry in France on a 1200 bandit a year or two ago ... glad it was a 1200 though thats what got me out of there down 1 give it te beans try to look like you meant it :smt018 :smt019
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#28 Post by Falcopops » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 am

That made me laugh and brightened my Monday morning a lot.

I had a fun ride into work this morning with a bit of filtering included (nothing like my London commute days) and I do think that I could have made the gap.

I agree that he seems to be very late to realise that the trucks were stopped and with a bit less shit-shit and looking for the crash and a bit more hard braking then on the gas and look for the gap he'd have been through.

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#29 Post by DavShill » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 am

Lunatic - people like him give the rest of us a bad name.

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#30 Post by Dalemac » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 am

Falcopops wrote:That made me laugh and brightened my Monday morning a lot.

I had a fun ride into work this morning with a bit of filtering included (nothing like my London commute days) and I do think that I could have made the gap.

I agree that he seems to be very late to realise that the trucks were stopped and with a bit less shit-shit and looking for the crash and a bit more hard braking then on the gas and look for the gap he'd have been through.
yeah, be locks up before entering the gap and that causes him to slide from side to side, until he hits the lorry on the left.