New chain & rear brake master cylinder

Mechanical woes? Ask other members for tips and advice.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

maz
Despatch Rider

New chain & rear brake master cylinder

#1 Post by maz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi, I needed a new chain and had an issue with the rear brake recently on my Tuono. Well finally fitted new chain and sprockets, I went with a kit with DID 525 chain and Afam sprockets, 15 tooth front and 41 rear (stock 16/40) I'd um'd and r'd on which kit to buy for weeks. First ride out was amazing, thought I'd got a new bike the difference is unbelievable. It feels so much smoother, particularly in traffic and low speeds; and on the twisties amazing. The engine is so much more responsive, I can't wait to get out again.
Never fitted a chain before and I would recommend anybody doing the same job to have a chain tool, I fortunately had a homemade tool which did the job, I had no idea the link on the split link would be so tight.

Rear brake master cylinder is a new 13mm bore brembo, easy fit and reverse bleed. Lots of feel in the peddle now. Is the rear brake any good? WELL NO still rubbish, bought new pads but was to eager to get on the road to change them, will fit them this weekend and see if that solves the rear brake issue.
If anybody interested bought all parts from
http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk

fatboy
World Champion

#2 Post by fatboy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:03 pm

It is amazing how much difference changing sprocket sizes can make, turns a stumbler into a stomper !
Might ring Biketorque about this mythical 14mm bore Brembo rear cylinder, buy one if it exists and see if I end up with a decent rear brake
Cleverly disguised as an adult !