Tuono chain and sprockets recommendations?.

Mechanical woes? Ask other members for tips and advice.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

maz
Despatch Rider

Tuono chain and sprockets recommendations?.

#1 Post by maz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi, just got the tuono back on the road after the winter and everything OK, although the chain is a little stretched, most likely.
So a new chain and sprockets to be ordered, any recommendations as to make and supplier, Most forums appear to favour DID, 525vx or di I go for the ZVMX, £30 more though.
Anybody have any experience with IRIS 525 chains, Ive read some bad comments but would expect the company to produce a good chain?
Cheers

fatboy
World Champion

#2 Post by fatboy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:33 pm

My DID VX chain has outlasted the sprockets on my falco, been on there over two years, and after removal, despite some surface rust the chain has very little slack.
I cant really complain about the sorockets, in two years they have had 16 or 18 months of fairly hard usage but I have been shit hot on chain lube.
Sprockets were Sunstar, came in a kit with DID chain
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

maz
Despatch Rider

#3 Post by maz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Cheers for that. Think Ill get one on order.

fatboy
World Champion

#4 Post by fatboy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:18 pm

I really do wonder how much more you get from a 'higher' tech chain.
I was really surprised at just how firm the VX chain was after all that thrashing I gave it.
I replaced it through good practice as the rear sprocket teeth were just starting to 'hook' over
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:52 pm

fatboy wrote:I really do wonder how much more you get from a 'higher' tech chain.
I was really surprised at just how firm the VX chain was after all that thrashing I gave it.
I replaced it through good practice as the rear sprocket teeth were just starting to 'hook' over
Probably much less than having a normal chain and a Scottoiler.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein