Wanted: Falco Luggage

If you're looking to buy a specific motorbike, any parts or accessories - then place your FREE listing here. No trade adverts.
Dalemac
Midnight Rider

Wanted: Falco Luggage

#1 Post by Dalemac » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi All,

Due to me and Becky parting ways, i need to consider what i am going to do to transport things (weekly shopping etc) as i'll only have access to a bike again and no car.

If anyone has any falco hard luggage (givi mounts, plates, boxes, etc) that they seldom use, or if you spot anything online or ever come to sell, please let me know as i will definitely be able to put them to good use!

If i find any i'll update here, but until them i'll still be wanting to buy!

Thanks,

Dale

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#2 Post by Dalemac » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:27 am

Just to update,

I have purchased a Kappa Wingrack system and i think i have found a seller in Italy for the required mounting kits (awaiting confirmation).

I'm still after a kappa/givi topbox and possibly some panniers which utilise the standard monokey system.

Thanks,

Dale

blinkey501
World Champion

#3 Post by blinkey501 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Dalemac wrote:Just to update,

I have purchased a Kappa Wingrack system and i think i have found a seller in Italy for the required mounting kits (awaiting confirmation).

I'm still after a kappa/givi topbox and possibly some panniers which utilise the standard monokey system.

Thanks,

Dale

Rare as hens teeth youth.

The falco panniers are easier to find and they have rare.

I have only ever seen one set of monokey brackets for the falco?
Tolerance will be our undoing.

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#4 Post by Dalemac » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:53 pm

blinkey501 wrote:
Dalemac wrote:Just to update,

Thanks,

Dale
Rare as hens teeth youth.

The falco panniers are easier to find and they have rare.

I have only ever seen one set of monokey brackets for the falco?
Well i have found a set. :smt001 Technically it's the Givi Y127 'universal' kit, but according to http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... ack-fitted it should fit (though it does show the older monolock system). Can always get additional brackets made up to add strength if necessary.

Was £60 posted from Italy, and that's for the Y100 support bracket to add additional strength as well :smt004.

Will sell on the mounting kit that came with it the bracket, which was for a blackbird to recoup some of the costs.

There was also the option of buying them from a retailer in Australia, but they wouldn't sell abroad due to their agreement with Givi. Nothing to stop someone with relatives in Australia from purchasing over there and then forwarding on to the UK, i just don't know any Aussies. The kits themselves were only 20 AUS dollars, or £10 in real money.

Dale

blinkey501
World Champion

#5 Post by blinkey501 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Cool :smt003
Tolerance will be our undoing.

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#6 Post by randomsquid » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:23 pm

I had a Kappa 35l top box on my last commuter. The lug that held the box to the base plate started to crack after about 8 years but I still used it for another 12 months. Used it everyday and overloaded it with shopping once a week. Good bit of kit for the money.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#7 Post by Viking » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:29 am

Dalemac wrote:I just don't know any Aussies.Dale
We are everywhere, we are legion.
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#8 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Apart from Trent Bridge it seems

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#9 Post by Dalemac » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:Apart from Trent Bridge it seems
I didn't want to go there, but, yes, you are correct.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#10 Post by D-Rider » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Dalemac wrote:
Aladinsaneuk wrote:Apart from Trent Bridge it seems
I didn't want to go there, but, yes, you are correct.
I hear it's a place where visitors decide not to stop - so I don't blame you.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein