Set off for church this morning .... potted history of the ride:
- * Left home - roads looked nice
* Decided that this morning I didn't need to avoid the manhole on the riding line before I left the estate but as I rode over it noticed the grip on it wasn't great.
* Further on I rode over a road marking and it was much more "squirmy" than usual. Put a little wiggle in to see if I could feel a soft tyre or lack of grip - but it felt ok.
* Continued on with a bit more caution than usual.
* Got to a roundabout and again with more caution than usual, pitched into it with a car in the lane outside me ... this is where the moment of fun happened ... the front just tucked and although front end slides are usually things that result in one outcome, I fought the thing (not wishing to slide off and then into the car outside me) and somehow caught it.
* Crawled the remaining part of the journey.
* Had a look at the front tyre and it felt firm and not contaminated with slippery stuff ..... just with a couple of areas showing abrasion right to the very edge.
* When I came to leave for home I checked it over again and measured the pressure - which was fine.
* Rode home cautiously and without incident.
Also wish I'd had a video camera going too - you don't come back from a slide like that very often ...........