RC8 repaired and test ridden

Motorcycle chat forum. Discuss the latest news and bikes and share your opinions.

Moderator: D-Rider

fatboy
World Champion

RC8 repaired and test ridden

#1 Post by fatboy » Sat May 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Front wheel straightened and repainted, new matching tyres, new pads front and rear, throttle 'tamer ' tube fitted,
Result is :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
The handling is better than ever, probably down to paired tyres,a slower action throttle makes a world of difference, no longer find myself pulling wheelies after hitting road surface deviations.
Those Brembo Monoblock calipers provide immense stopping power and immense challenges changing the pads !
Very very pleased with the outcome, just wish we weren't in lockdown as I did a bit less than 10 miles, essential journey yes, I needed petrol and I needed to validate the work done and the immobiliser on the car is no longer playing nicely
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

Re: RC8 repaired and test ridden

#2 Post by katie1 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Yay! I'm sure you'll need some essential supplies further afield soon :)
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Gio
Double World Champion

#3 Post by Gio » Sun May 03, 2020 12:19 pm

Well done, any chance of a few pics?
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

fatboy
World Champion

#4 Post by fatboy » Sun May 03, 2020 3:22 pm

Yes, I will try, every time I have tried to share images from this device they just seem to get lost in cyberspace.
I did want to snap the Falco along side the RC8 but still waiting fuel line parts, in these strange times it takes 1 to 3 weeks for Royal Mail to get small items from the Midlands to the SW but I got a fridge delivered from Germany in 4 days
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by mangocrazy » Sun May 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Yes, the Mail seems to have gone to pot. I ordered an item off ebay over two weeks ago, and when it had failed to show after 10 days I queried the seller. They apologised and said they'd send me a replacement by first class mail, which they did. Both items arrived together a couple of days later...