Anyone tried a Fantic Caballero?

Motorcycle chat forum. Discuss the latest news and bikes and share your opinions.

Moderator: D-Rider

wastegate
Despatch Rider

Anyone tried a Fantic Caballero?

#1 Post by wastegate » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:55 pm

Got a Honda cb300r ( naked neo thing ) which has bought back the pleasure of simply popping down to the shops or gently trundling around the countryside ( before all the lock down stuff ). Its amply quick enough but for longer journeys ( > 150miles ) its doing over 6K revs at 60mph feeling a bit stressed and vibey. I want something as light, easy to clean and simple but can keep me ahead of the heavy goods traffic on Mways ( so 70 ish ) without having to rev it so hard, hence the question. Anyone know anything good/bad about or tried the Fantic ( dirt track or scrambler ) ?
caballerodirt.png
caballerodirt.png (175.21 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
GSXS1000, CB300R, Beta Evo and CBF1000F.

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Re: Anyone tried a Fantic Caballero?

#2 Post by Ben » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:14 am

I've not tried one but I trust the opinion of a certain Mr Neeves:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-rev ... bler/2019/

fatboy
World Champion

#3 Post by fatboy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:34 pm

That gets an impressive write up!
Lovely looking toy, spot on mix of modern/retro and no ridiculous rider aid package, lots of quality cycle parts, just hope Fantic have a grip on quality control on the engine manufacture.
If I was in your shoes I'd check what the warranty is, read up other write ups ect.
Hope it is as good as it looks
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

wastegate
Despatch Rider

#4 Post by wastegate » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:38 am

Cheers guys. Been sniffing around Fantic/SWM/Mash for a while and Fantic doesn't seem to get much bad press and usually it seems to be cycle parts that seem to be a problem with these bikes. I'll be keeping a CBF1000 as my dull reliable everyday bike so its something of a toy to open the garage door and make me smile. Anyway, nothing can happen for a long while yet. The little cb300 is doing sterling work popping me down to the supermarket now and then.
GSXS1000, CB300R, Beta Evo and CBF1000F.