Your 2020 Biking Resolution?

Motorcycle chat forum. Discuss the latest news and bikes and share your opinions.

Moderator: D-Rider

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Your 2020 Biking Resolution?

#1 Post by Ben » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:29 pm

What have you got planned for 2020 bike wise? Any events you're going to do, bikes you're eager to buy, bits you're going to bolt on?

Me? I'm ashamed to say I didn't do that much riding in 2019 but one of the best things I did was visit some of the D-Day sites in Normandy on my R1200RT in Dec 2018. France on a bike: always epic.

I sold the RT but I think I need another one in my life. They are such good bikes.

So this year I think I'm going to go to Saint Nazaire and check out a few more WW2 sites, which I think is a good enough excuse to go and check out a new RT. :smt003

fastasfcuk
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

Re: Your 2020 Biking Resolution?

#2 Post by fastasfcuk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Italy for me, via the black forest and then through the Alps on my Caponord.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Just plan to do a lot more bike riding. I intend to retire some time in the summer, so that should help...

wastegate
Despatch Rider

#4 Post by wastegate » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 pm

Plans are ...

Booked for 5 days to Scotland with a pair of somewhat younger nutters, lets hope for ( a lot ) less rain than last year. A week in the IOM for the Classic TT in a farm apartment with Reets 2 up on El Burro ... planning to make it a bit less dramatic than the last time I went :D

Might try and do a tour up to the Artic circle in Norway but it depends if I try and cycle to the last coast from home ( and that depends on getting a LOT thinner and fitter ) this year, time is against me.

Other than that perhaps a road bike trackday, not done one for 6 years and would be nice to just trundle around and enjoy the memories.

Sell the CB300 for a reasonable price .. one can only dream.

Keep it an accident free year.

PS Block House Epelecques http://www.leblockhaus.com/en/ is great and Le Coupole interesting if you haven't done them.
GSXS1000, CB300R, Beta Evo and CBF1000F.

RiceBurner
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#5 Post by RiceBurner » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:20 am

Ben wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:29 pm
What have you got planned for 2020 bike wise? Any events you're going to do, bikes you're eager to buy, bits you're going to bolt on?

Me? I'm ashamed to say I didn't do that much riding in 2019 but one of the best things I did was visit some of the D-Day sites in Normandy on my R1200RT in Dec 2018. France on a bike: always epic.

I sold the RT but I think I need another one in my life. They are such good bikes.

So this year I think I'm going to go to Saint Nazaire and check out a few more WW2 sites, which I think is a good enough excuse to go and check out a new RT. :smt003
If you want - take a longer ride but a shorter ferry - go NewHaven - Dieppe and there's a V1 launch site not far from the port which is well worth a look. ( https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Val ... 4d1.275764 )

Me?
I've got a FLASH tour booked for July, and I might be getting a day on a Rockster during my US West Coast road-trip, if I can organise it.
Other than that it'll be a case of getting the Rockster back on the road, seeing if my pillion prefers the K or the Rockster, and generally riding whenever I want to. :D

Reading WG's post - a trackday might happen, I haven't ridden on track in 10 years, and the Rockster is definitely not suited - but the K might be interesting....

wastegate
Despatch Rider

#6 Post by wastegate » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 pm

RiceBurner wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:20 am

Reading WG's post - a trackday might happen, I haven't ridden on track in 10 years, and the Rockster is definitely not suited - but the K might be interesting....
I still have your vid from Rocky on the PC and I am sure a pic from Ty Croes. Years ago chased a guy at Silverstone on a 1300 on my Blackbird and he was absolutely flying. The K12's did a powercup race series the first year they came out, didn't they?

Ben, how about an old chuffers trackday trundle reunion meetup ( maybe a better title ) at a road bike only day ( I am thinking less pressured, safer and slower )? The most hotly contested challenge would be to see who could still squeeze into their leathers AND walk about and breath at the same time.

RiceBurner
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#7 Post by RiceBurner » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:21 pm

wastegate wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 pm
RiceBurner wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:20 am

I still have your vid from Rocky on the PC and I am sure a pic from Ty Croes.
My vid? Did I have a camera on the bike at Rockingham?? I enjoyed that day immensely - the ZXR was perfect for that track. :D I remember someone on a Firestorm tried to come past me on the start-finish straight, he got level with me but he braked for the first corner.... just as I changed up into top!

wastegate wrote:
Years ago chased a guy at Silverstone on a 1300 on my Blackbird and he was absolutely flying. The K12's did a powercup race series the first year they came out, didn't they?
They did. I think there was a PowerCup replica sold for a bit as well.
wastegate wrote:

Ben, how about an old chuffers trackday trundle reunion meetup ( maybe a better title ) at a road bike only day ( I am thinking less pressured, safer and slower )? The most hotly contested challenge would be to see who could still squeeze into their leathers AND walk about and breath at the same time.

I don't think I even have my leathers anymore.....

wastegate
Despatch Rider

#8 Post by wastegate » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm

RiceBurner wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:21 pm

My vid? Did I have a camera on the bike at Rockingham?? I enjoyed that day immensely - the ZXR was perfect for that track. :D I remember someone on a Firestorm tried to come past me on the start-finish straight, he got level with me but he braked for the first corner.... just as I changed up into top!
Apologies. Still from the vid. Sports Kawasaki with a small ... bear? with big glasses attached to the M/C following Reets into the paddock. Wonder who else it might have been then.
Attachments
RockyVidWho.JPG
RockyVidWho.JPG (19.38 KiB) Viewed 2910 times

RiceBurner
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#9 Post by RiceBurner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:03 am

wastegate wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm
RiceBurner wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Apologies. Still from the vid. Sports Kawasaki with a small ... bear? with big glasses attached to the M/C following Reets into the paddock. Wonder who else it might have been then.
That's definitely the cockpit of my ZXR400. :D

(I'm somewhat surprised there's only 4K showing on the rev-counter....)

Any chance of sending me a copy of the vid? (or sticking it on YouTube?)

zoidberg
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#10 Post by zoidberg » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:39 am

Zxr400 great bikes I had an L9 after passing my test. Plenty quick and had a great intake noise

wastegate
Despatch Rider

#11 Post by wastegate » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 pm

RiceBurner wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:03 am

At last, someone with a memory as bad as mine! :D

4K as you were following reets into the pits. About 18 mins of the complete track session in the vid which I am cutting out from a compilation of old trackday stuff and generating for you in wmv or I can send you the windows live movie maker project. Its got some good passes on it.

Can you pm me a contact adress and I'll stick it on a ... stick, and send it over.

It was a really good day as I recall.

RiceBurner
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#12 Post by RiceBurner » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:28 pm

wastegate wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 pm
RiceBurner wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:03 am

At last, someone with a memory as bad as mine! :D

4K as you were following reets into the pits. About 18 mins of the complete track session in the vid which I am cutting out from a compilation of old trackday stuff and generating for you in wmv or I can send you the windows live movie maker project. Its got some good passes on it.

Can you pm me a contact adress and I'll stick it on a ... stick, and send it over.

It was a really good day as I recall.
I remember it being an excellent day of riding!
I also remember discovering, half way home, that one of the engine bolts had disappeared!!

Will pm you personal details, thanks!

"Good passes"? Shirley not!