Forced into fitting alarm by insurance company

Motorcycle chat forum. Discuss the latest news and bikes and share your opinions.

Moderator: D-Rider

Gio
Double World Champion

#16 Post by Gio » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Methinks you need to spend a bit of time searching for a decent insurer.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

blinkey501
World Champion

#17 Post by blinkey501 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 am

mangocrazy wrote:Bloody hell, Jay/ What insurance group is the Tornado? That's Panigale V4 levels of premium...
My Insurance broker has informed me that the company I have been using from the 1st of may will no longer be insuring bikes. Although they will honour existing policies until the renewel date.

Those who are using Buckingham insurance on my recommendation need to be aware of this?

I have been in contact with a company called Bemoto. They are bikers that only do insurance for bikes, and on a plus side know exactly what you are talking about regarding any modifications.

The new quote for the 1130 is £370 including the legal cover. And no alarm is required.

This is with an annual mileage of only 2000 miles. I will be changing the bikes over to Bemoto as they come up.

Honda c90 may. Futura July. Tornado RS September and the Falco next February.

They offer multi-bike policies and they have quoted me £60 including legal cover for the TZR125 4DL I now own. This is with 2 years no claims discount.

I have told them I have 9 years plus no claims with a protected bonus on my policy with my present insurers, and they have told me they will take that into consideration as long as I transfer my bonus across in September.

I would give them a try folks.
Tolerance will be our undoing.