The modifications start here...

Motorcycle chat forum. Discuss the latest news and bikes and share your opinions.

Moderator: D-Rider

fatboy
World Champion

#16 Post by fatboy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Internet buying is a leap of faith.....
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#17 Post by mangocrazy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 pm

To be honest, I'm not that bothered - it's not cost me anything, The people that have taken the hit have been the Chinese. But it does seem a funny way to run a business. The leap of faith is not only on the buyer's part, but also on the part of the seller, it seems.

But I am getting bored with this miserable winter. I want to get out and ride the bloody thing...

fatboy
World Champion

#18 Post by fatboy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:33 pm

You are not the only one looking forward to the winter to ease its grip....
New shortie big bore end cans arrived, more tasty parts ordered/ already bought and the icing on the cake will be the purchase of the longed for and lusted after Oz wheels from a certain splendid fellow !
Still dont see the Falco out in anger for a few weeks yet.....
Fuck off winter !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#19 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 pm

fatboy wrote:You are not the only one looking forward to the winter to ease its grip....
Still dont see the Falco out in anger for a few weeks yet.....
Fuck off winter !
I'll second that sentiment... :smt003

To add to the fun and games the central heating boiler packed in earlier this week. I managed to sort it by buying a recon part over t'interweb and fitting it, buit we still had 48 hours with only the fan heater that normally lives in the bike shed for heat...

Anyway, today i put the heater back in the shed on frost guard and finally got round to fitting the pillion footrests that had come in a carrier bag when I bought the bike.

Mrs Mango would not have been amused if she thought it was a one person only bike (even though that's how I see it being used most of the time)... :smt003

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#20 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 pm

The replacement levers arrived today.

All the way from China... :smt002

First impressions are favourable. The crucial measurement (depth of metal around the pivot point) is bang on - exactly 18.00 mm. The duff ones measured 17.6 mm and were sloppy. Also there is only a small (and required) amount of play on the span adjuster, compared to the slop on the other lever.

I'll be able to tell for definite when I put them on the bike, but they certainly look better quality than the first set.

fatboy
World Champion

#21 Post by fatboy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Result !
Probably the closest you will get to an admission of guilt !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#22 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:28 pm

Fitted them the other day and they are absolutely bang on. They are everything the first set were not. Fit beautifully, no excess play, everything feels tight and precise. The first sellers have refunded me the full cost, so I now have a pair of levers surplus to requirements. Brake lever fine, clutch lever rubbish.

Anyway, these are the 'good' sellers...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Short-Br ... 2498290939