Not sure which

Motorcycle chat forum. Discuss the latest news and bikes and share your opinions.

Moderator: D-Rider

blinkey501
World Champion

#91 Post by blinkey501 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:50 pm

JeanLucRidehard wrote:
blinkey501 wrote:I had wondered what has happened to you Howard as you had not posted for some time?

I am working away all time now in my new job.
The money is good but riding bike is not on my list of priorities at weekends, family time is.
Only time I really get chance is when the kids are at a party?.

And for arthritic problems, my knees play me up some times due to kneeling on cold floors when I was younger.

I also spend time working on my bikes when I can. Dale my youngest loves the spanners and helping out.

I hope when the better weather comes a few of us from this area, ie nickynoto. Davshill. Mangocrazy yourself Dalemac can meet up for a ride out?

Using the term "working" loosely I presume, all you do is text me or ring me about bikes all day and night..........

:smt008
Ha. You started it dude. :smt016
Tolerance will be our undoing.

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#92 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:37 pm

blinkey501 wrote:
JeanLucRidehard wrote:
blinkey501 wrote:I had wondered what has happened to you Howard as you had not posted for some time?

I am working away all time now in my new job.
The money is good but riding bike is not on my list of priorities at weekends, family time is.
Only time I really get chance is when the kids are at a party?.

And for arthritic problems, my knees play me up some times due to kneeling on cold floors when I was younger.

I also spend time working on my bikes when I can. Dale my youngest loves the spanners and helping out.

I hope when the better weather comes a few of us from this area, ie nickynoto. Davshill. Mangocrazy yourself Dalemac can meet up for a ride out?

Using the term "working" loosely I presume, all you do is text me or ring me about bikes all day and night..........

:smt008
Ha. You started it dude. :smt016

True my friend true JLRH :smt016

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Re: Not sure which

#93 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:08 pm

I had a TL1000s. Great engine, nice front end but I never trusted the rear end, never wanted to push on when riding it. Perhaps I was scared by the reputation? I was on the market for either these days, I'd go for the FireStorm.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

Re: Not sure which

#94 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:25 pm

My TL1000S had a 190/50 rear tyre on a 6" rim from new and it just felt wrong. PB did some fiddling and swapping and reckoned that a GSXR600 5.5" wheel with 180/55 tyre slotted straight in and made a big difference. I took them at their word, bought a stock GSXR6 wheel off Crescent Suzuki (they were swapping them out for race wheels) and can confirm it made a major difference. The 190/50 made the bike run wide on the way into turns and really took away your confidence. With the smaller wheel/tyre combo the bike suddenly started to steer properly.