Spring Lunacy?

Motorcycle chat forum. Discuss the latest news and bikes and share your opinions.

Moderator: D-Rider

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#76 Post by DavShill » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Well done Keith, have fun.

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#77 Post by HisNibbs » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Had a fine summer on the BM mixed in with rides on the Falco of course. It has been totally reliable and having now covered a few thousand miles on the new pistons and barrels, the motor has loosened up some. Only issue is the gearbox, with the return spring being a bit week so the change has to be made pretty carefully. I'm planning to build another box over the winter with a higher top gear as it does readily pull to the red in top even with the RS final drive. Not that I like to rev it particularly as it feels and sounds so nice low down. It is only taxed until the end of this month so lets hope the weather is nice tomorrow and I get to dose up before winter sets in.
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

fatboy
World Champion

#78 Post by fatboy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Ithink I saw as many bikes out today as I have on any summer weekend.
Totally bonkers weather for mid October, kind of scares me as to what to expect for winter....
especially as I fix one thing on the bloody car then break something else :smt013
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#79 Post by HisNibbs » Sat May 02, 2015 10:25 am

So MOT passed this morning. I've been loving riding the RS and the cafe racer is so different but put a smile on my face immediately I snuck into 2cnd and tucked myself in to ride the waves of torgue and sound.

Over winter I stripped an old gear box but didn't rebuild it but it has had a full service, new rocker covers and fitted during the latter part of last year, an alloy top yoke made from a modified bottom yoke, inverted and machined flat for £20. All works a treat.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#80 Post by BikerGran » Sat May 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Excellent! :smt004
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#81 Post by HisNibbs » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Joined Welland Valley Bikers for a ride out to Jack's Cafe this morning. A broken sat nav meant they wanted me to lead as "I've been every where man". Any way I took it reasonably steady and tried to keep them in the mirrors, stay reasonably legalish and enjoy bits at the same time. Comments over breakfast were very complementary and ranged from impressed to shocked at how well the cafe racer handled and went.

I had spent a bit of time in the garage on Saturday cutting a slice of my "new" top yokes with a hacksaw, so I could raise the clipons 5 mm or so. Needed the test ride to check it out and an early morning start getting to meet some local enthusiasts meant I could leave the lawn and other stuff to the afternoon.

I have now signed up for Saturday of the classic bike trackday at Cadwell Park in July. That should have some resonance, being the last time I raced was there in 86 with a few bits of the current Cafe Racer. Got taken out lapping a back marker...Shouldn't have been a career ender but I started my own business that year also. Going to have to hope I've learn't more than patience in the following 30 years.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#82 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Nice one, Keith. You've reminded me to put myself down for that track day at Cadwell on the 888. I went last year but only got about one and a half sessions due to self-inflicted stoppages. This time I'll try and be a bit smarter.

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#83 Post by HisNibbs » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:49 pm

I'll be in the "middle weight British/ European group for intermediate and experienced riders"

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#84 Post by D-Rider » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:18 pm

HisNibbs wrote:I'll be in the "middle weight British/ European group for intermediate and experienced riders"
Clearly they don't think the young Nuns would be safe if they put you in with the Novices.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#85 Post by DavShill » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:11 am

Hmmm Track days. I haven't done one for a while......

They are always good opportunities to meet up even if not intending to get out on the track. post the dates chaps and I may come along and have a look.

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#86 Post by HisNibbs » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:07 am

11th of July - Cadwell Park

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#87 Post by HisNibbs » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Last session done and all in one piece. Thanks to Griff and the guys for bleeding and then replacing the brake fluid after my first session and to Dave for popping by to say hello. The bike was pretty good considering its the first time out. The track showed up a couple of short comings but we can sort those. Main thing is it didn't blow up and I didn't bin it. Had a few "that goes alright that does" type comments.

I suppose money is going to have to be spent on it again soon .... :smt002

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#88 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Nice one, Keith. As you probably guessed, I didn't make it. Too short a time since my France jaunt, not enough time to prep the bike properly and I have a jet-lagged wife to look after (got back from a 24hr+ flight from Philippines late last week).

Looks like you had good weather, a good time and no mishaps. Can't ask for much more than that.

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#89 Post by HisNibbs » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:50 pm

There was an 888 out in my sessions but I sused it wasn't you.

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#90 Post by DavShill » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:14 pm

It was good to see you in full battle dress Keith. There were some very interesting and rare machines there and the vibe seemed very friendly. It was amusing to see you disappear through Hall Bends behind several bikes and always emerge after Barn onto the straight several bike lengths ahead. Good work :smt001