Marches meet: 19th - 21st May 2017

Organise meet-ups, ride-outs and trips to events with other RiderSite members.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#16 Post by D-Rider » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:33 am

Gio wrote:
D-Rider wrote:Have to see nearer the time .... one of my nieces is getting married a few days later - have to see what's expected of me that weekend.
Should only be a turn up on the day, if my sister expected me to do anything for her kids wedding I'd tell her to take a hike.
Nah it'll be whether my Mrs needs things done beforehand.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#17 Post by Gio » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:53 pm

D-Rider wrote:
Gio wrote:
D-Rider wrote:Have to see nearer the time .... one of my nieces is getting married a few days later - have to see what's expected of me that weekend.
Should only be a turn up on the day, if my sister expected me to do anything for her kids wedding I'd tell her to take a hike.
Nah it'll be whether my Mrs needs things done beforehand.
Hmmm has she got 2 legs and 2 arms?

Stands well back, (thank god she is somewhere in the Midlands)

corsehf
Despatch Rider

#18 Post by corsehf » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:14 pm

I should be ok for that weekend

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#19 Post by BikerGran » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Just thought I'd bump this one up - did you know it's only 5 mondays till Spring?
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

über pikey
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#20 Post by über pikey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 pm

I think Dieter and I could make it this year
I saw it so I took it - Sir Edmond Hillary.
MartDude wrote:Twunts. I've spread it about a bit on FB & Club Aprilia

I bet you have Mart

fatboy
World Champion

#21 Post by fatboy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 pm

BikerGran wrote:Just thought I'd bump this one up - did you know it's only 5 mondays till Spring?
I like your way of looking at it BG :smt001
Mid winter was the 21st Dec, the days are now longer ( even though it looks like shit when you open the curtains )
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

blinkey501
World Champion

#22 Post by blinkey501 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

BikerGran wrote:Just thought I'd bump this one up - did you know it's only 5 mondays till Spring?
Can't come soon enough!!!! :smt003
Tolerance will be our undoing.

blinkey501
World Champion

#23 Post by blinkey501 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:27 pm

I have spoken to Martdude tonight, and he is happy for me to organise the booking with the campsite which I have done.

Mart is a little under the weather at this moment in time, and I think we will all agree to wish him a speedy recovery and get back fighting fit.

I have also spoken to Dawn who runs the campsite, and she has told me that the cost per person is £7.50 each per night.

She has also informed me that the local pub is now run by a mother and daughter, and that the food is very good, there is also pub grub available.

She has also informed me that there is cooked breakfasts at the pub also for those who want a good fry up.

I will ask nearer at the time on the usual "Who's coming" thread what peoples intentions are for food arrangements, so I can contact the pub, and find out times for the food. And what's on offer.

Thanks.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#24 Post by BikerGran » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:40 pm

I said those two lads wouldn't be there very long - their food was great but they needed to either up their prices (in which case they would probably lose custom) or supply simpler food!

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#25 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:18 pm

blinkey501 wrote:I have spoken to Martdude tonight, and he is happy for me to organise the booking with the campsite which I have done.

Mart is a little under the weather at this moment in time, and I think we will all agree to wish him a speedy recovery and get back fighting fit.

I have also spoken to Dawn who runs the campsite, and she has told me that the cost per person is £7.50 each per night.

She has also informed me that the local pub is now run by a mother and daughter, and that the food is very good, there is also pub grub available.

She has also informed me that there is cooked breakfasts at the pub also for those who want a good fry up.

I will ask nearer at the time on the usual "Who's coming" thread what peoples intentions are for food arrangements, so I can contact the pub, and find out times for the food. And what's on offer.

Thanks.

Me two nights, do they deliver to my tent ??

:smt006
2107 Africa Twin, Falco purchased........Rebuild complete .....Rossi 2 the fastest, Revealed.......................

blinkey501
World Champion

#26 Post by blinkey501 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:21 pm

JeanLucRidehard wrote:
blinkey501 wrote:I have spoken to Martdude tonight, and he is happy for me to organise the booking with the campsite which I have done.

Thanks.

I doubt it mate. They will probably be quite selfish :smt042

Martyn Walker
Despatch Rider

#27 Post by Martyn Walker » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:44 pm

In our diary, look forward to seeing you all in May. 😀

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#28 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:48 pm

blinkey501 wrote:
JeanLucRidehard wrote:

Thanks.

I doubt it mate. They will probably be quite selfish :smt042

Rude........

:smt019
2107 Africa Twin, Falco purchased........Rebuild complete .....Rossi 2 the fastest, Revealed.......................

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#29 Post by BikerGran » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 pm

It's tough having to walk to the pub JL - but look on the bright side, you won't notice having to stumble back cos they have beer!

JeanLucRidehard
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#30 Post by JeanLucRidehard » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 pm

BikerGran wrote:It's tough having to walk to the pub JL - but look on the bright side, you won't notice having to stumble back cos they have beer!

Fair point BikerGran, well presented and duly noted.....

:smt006 :smt003