why am i not surprised....

If you're moments away from throwing your printer out of the window or re-arranging your desktop with a golf club, post your issues here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

why am i not surprised....

#1 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 am

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#2 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

apparently it was a hoax - a good one though

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Samray
Double World Champion

#3 Post by Samray » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Erm ... that's what your link said. :smt017

I assumed you posted after a few bevys. :smt020
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#4 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm

the original story was there - but when aunty beeb found out they had been suckered - they changed the text, not the url....

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 am

....... so, originally you believed it then ..............

I would expect that the group of ie users may as a whole be less computer literate as it's what comes as standard and as a group they are less likely to change to another browser ..... however the correlation between intelligence and computer literacy is a different matter and I'm not speculating on that.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#6 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 am

in the light of the UK government computer systems and how M$ have screwed them over, anything that relies on IE is bound to be a crock imho

not just as an apple fanboi - just there are an awful lot of better browsers out there

and it may be the lowest common denominator, but i remember the browser wars with netscape - even then the preferred choice was netscape, but redmond fought dirty.... shame the thing they designed has so many major security holes and failings

(How bad? the civil service and nhs criteria for software running on windows is that it must be able to run on IE6....)

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#7 Post by BikerGran » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:
(How bad? the civil service and nhs criteria for software running on windows is that it must be able to run on IE6....)
Doesn't surprise me at all - our systems at work are much less functional since Head Office decided all forces had to use the same stuff. Before that our own IT people created what we needed and it was so good that people used to come from other forces to see it - and buy it! Now a lot of it's cr@p and also can't be tweaked because it belongs to HO.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.