Broadband Limits

If you're moments away from throwing your printer out of the window or re-arranging your desktop with a golf club, post your issues here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

FlyingKiwi
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Broadband Limits

#1 Post by FlyingKiwi » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Ho, I've got BT pestering me to change to them from talkTalk at the moment. Problem is they have a download cap of 10GB.
So, does anyone else have a 10gb cap and is it enough? How much do other people use in a month? I can't find out from TalkTalk my useage. Also I play Call Of Duty online too much and are concerned it may be over the 10GB cap.
FK.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by Kwackerz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Im with BT. Theyre crap. Dont do it.
Ive queried my usage MANY times and they can never give me a proper bloody answer.
Saying that, Talk Talk were shite when I tried to swap to them. Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery on 'Free Ale Day'
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#3 Post by Willopotomas » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm with O2.. Still about the best out there. The UK based customer service desk is more than worth the extra couple of quid. :smt002
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by Kwackerz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:46 pm

O2 are hiking the prices up shortly arent they? Sure there was something about that in my weekly email from Martin's moneysaver website. I was going to swap to them as they were brill/are brill with my phones, but put it off because of the increase :smt099

Samray
Double World Champion

#5 Post by Samray » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm with the best, but probably paying over the odds for it.
Been with them for many years. http://www.zen.co.uk/
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

Talk Talk worst for phone and broadband complaints

#6 Post by Kwackerz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

from the moneysaving website:
Talk Talk has been named and shamed as the most complained about landline and broadband provider.

Telecoms watchdog Ofcom today revealed the firm receives over four times as many official gripes per customer than the next worst company, Sky, on home phones. It receives twice as many per customer as BT on broadband.

Three was the most complained about mobile provider, though this category was less clear cut with T-Mobile a close second in the wooden spoon race.

The Ofcom data is based on all consumer telecoms complaints it received between October 2010 and February 2011.

Ofcom receives 450 telecoms complaints per day about a range of issues including mis-selling, billing errors, lack of service and customer service problems.

Landlines – Talk Talk worst

Talk Talk received 1.78 complaints per 1,000 customers
Sky, 0.41
BT, 0.37
Virgin, 0.21

Broadband – Talk Talk worst

Talk Talk received 1.27 complaints per 1,000 customers
BT, 0.61
Sky, 0.39
Virgin, 0.20

Mobiles – Three worst

Three received 0.15 complaints per 1,000 customers
T-Mobile, 0.13
Orange, 0.1
Vodafone, 0.09
O2, 0.04

Part of the spike in complaints against Talk Talk is because of Ofcom's announcement on 2 November that it had instructed the firm to stop breaching regulations by issuing bills to consumers for services that had not been provided.

Archna Luthra, MoneySavingExpert.com consumer products analyst, says: "Talk Talk may often win on price but it's losing on customer service big time.

"This isn't the first time Talk Talk has been highlighted for poor service and it needs to seriously pull its socks up or risk hemorrhaging customers.

"As one of the providers with consistently cheap prices this kind of poor service makes it even harder for consumers to choose the right deal."