Sat Nav Map

If you're moments away from throwing your printer out of the window or re-arranging your desktop with a golf club, post your issues here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

nicketynoo
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

Sat Nav Map

#1 Post by nicketynoo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Have looked into updating my v2 tom tom one and would also like to have a european map. Seems I would have to fork out around £100 on the Tom Tom site to do this and also My device doesn't have enough memory. At this price I may as well just buy another Tom Tom/Garmin whatever with European maps installed and free lifetime updates. Its really bugging me! Surely someone must sell a dodgy european Map on an SD card for a Tenner.
If anyone knows someone :smt002 Please let me know.
I'm only going to Assen from Rotterdam but have been known to lose my bearings walking from the hedge to my tent! Or was that "my bearsuit" :smt001
I don't care if you lick windows,
Take the special bus
Or occasionally pee on yourself.
You hang in there sunshine, you're special!

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#2 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:57 pm

i will have a peruse of some "places" i know

I do not use a tom-tom but will see what I can turn up)

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

nicketynoo
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by nicketynoo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks pete I think it's a big secret about the maps as people are even scared to mention them on here! We're probably being bugged by the Tomtom Mafia now! :smt018
I've got my eye on a cheap Tom tom 1 with only a European map so might not get much interest on ebay. No bids yet and at £15 with postage it would be worth a punt.
I don't care if you lick windows,
Take the special bus
Or occasionally pee on yourself.
You hang in there sunshine, you're special!

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#4 Post by randomsquid » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:09 am

Don't know where to get the maps but the memory thing is a bitch. My rider has enough room to store the UK and the closest bits of Europe. Any further out and you have to have another device to load the right sections when you need them.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

kneescratch
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#5 Post by kneescratch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:17 am

I don't know if you can plot your route in TYRE and then download to your Tom Tom, or if you need the European maps already.

Gary
******* IF THEY DON'T HAVE MOTORCYCLES IN HEAVEN THEN I AINT GOIN *******

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#6 Post by squadron Nero » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Isn't it all stored on an SD card? Mine was when I had a "proper" sat nav. If so it would only be a case of getting someone with the maps to make a copy of theirs and insert it into your unit.

I'm surprised ebay isn't fill of them tbh.

I'd never buy a stand alone unit again. A good smart phone will do everything and more that a dedicated unit will do.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by D-Rider » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:03 pm

squadron Nero wrote:Isn't it all stored on an SD card? Mine was when I had a "proper" sat nav. If so it would only be a case of getting someone with the maps to make a copy of theirs and insert it into your unit.
Oh no it isn't ..... at least with Garmin, they will only work with the device for which they were downloaded for (unless you have a "cracked" copy)
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#8 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:47 pm

The tom tom maps are worse

Sorry had a quick look and cannot help / point to a solution

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...