poxy bloody windoze

If you're moments away from throwing your printer out of the window or re-arranging your desktop with a golf club, post your issues here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

poxy bloody windoze

#1 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 am

so, the hormonal one is nearly 12, and starting to attract male attention - she is as tall as Hanna and appears to have sprouted lady bumps in the last week or so..... either way, being a caring step dad (ie bastard) I decided to crack down and monitor internet access

(Two weeks ago it came to light that assorted new email and other accounts etc had been set up..... so something had to be done)

so, I looked at the security side of the BT Homehub 2 and decided that it was crap - so I set off to buy a new router with a lot more options

I decided on a DP-Link dual band - thinking that I can keep mine and Hannas stuff on the 5ghz side of things and could let the kids etc play in the 2.4ghz section

set it all up and that all went well... went round the house signing assorted machines in and so on

The macs went on the 5ghz stream really easily - naturally and even the assorted wifi windows machines went on ok

UNTILL they were rebooted - both windows 7 machines had no internet ... could see the network etc, but no internet

thinking laterally, I popped a spare wifi usb stick in one machine and that worked.... until the system rebooted then that vanished as well

so, sat down and researched a bit..... turned off the dual band and - all came back online after a reboot

I have no idea why - but it does seem others have reported similar problems with this router and windows with dual band.....

either way, I took the router back and got a refund......

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...