Project 90

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

Project 90

#1 Post by Willopotomas » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Isn't she a beut!

Picked up for the princely sum of £feckall.. Along with full service history and a few spares. The aim is to get it up and running and use it locally until the summer where I'll strip it down and restore it. These things seem to fetch silly money for some bizarre reason.. :smt017

Anyway. It's another project to add to the never ending list! :smt003
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#2 Post by flatlander » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 pm

can I borrow it for a bit say a week or so :smt003 :smt002 next spring will do
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#3 Post by DavShill » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Nice find Will. There is a real scene for these in East Yorkshire along with the 70's mopeds, Raliegh Runabout, Wisp, Puch etc. You are right they are fetching good money too. Look forward to seeing the progress.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#4 Post by flatlander » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:40 pm

Is that because they are still considered a daring and advanced form of transport there then :smt002
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#5 Post by HisNibbs » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:18 pm

Possibly because they're the about cheapest way of getting from A to B. Well without having to break into a sweat or worse.
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#6 Post by DavShill » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Is that because they are still considered a daring and advanced form of transport there then
Yep that's about it - we've got that new electricity stuff now too and someone says you can cook your dinner by lighting the gas from cows farts but I don't believe that.