No it's not a black one!!...(Updated!)

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#61 Post by D-Rider » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:.....

I may be able to find a home for one set of shotguns...
Sounds good - 99% sure I'll let the MHP ones go and although I'll not be looking to make on them, I want to recoup my outlay and what I spent in re-lacquering them.

TBH they are a really nice set of shotties but having got used to a hi-mount can, standard level cans just don't look quite right to me .... though I'm quite certain that other people will think they look more than fine.

I do have pictures - including temporary fitment on the bike.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#62 Post by furygan man » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:07 am

Had the Oz's fitted friday

...was warned by Griff not to add rim tape to these!!!
Last edited by furygan man on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#63 Post by D-Rider » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am

Yep - you chose the right colour for them - nice job
:smt023
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#64 Post by DavShill » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:00 pm

That looks fab. Going to have mine powder coated black over the winter when I fit new rubber.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#65 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:24 pm

That is one smart looking bolide, Mr F-Man... I really, really, REALLY like that. The OZ wheels in black (or is it gunmetal?) finish the bike off a treat.

I've had a pair of OZ wheels I've been intending to get powder coated and fitted now for over a year. Having seen that, I really must get my arse in gear. If I can't get a close match for the 'Flamingo Red' of mine, I'll happily go with a set like yours.

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#66 Post by furygan man » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:14 am

Cheers peeps, they're gloss black, poor phone pics so don't show 'Nooj's' handywork to perfection!

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#67 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:38 am

That stand is a work of art too! Very nice!
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#68 Post by furygan man » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:40 am

Kwackerz wrote:That stand is a work of art too! Very nice!
TBH it looks nice but it's actually too small, have had to loosen the uprights a bit so they only just fit the width of the 'spools'

HowardQ
World Champion

#69 Post by HowardQ » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Only just seen your latest pics, looks absolutely superb, great job! :smt023 :smt023
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#70 Post by furygan man » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 am

Just came across this pic of the Falco the day i bought it in it's orignal form!!

Shetland Woody
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#71 Post by Shetland Woody » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm

furygan man wrote:Had the Oz's fitted friday

...was warned by Griff not to add rim tape to these!!!
Thats stunning all those mods really suit her, what i really like is the black rsv swing arm. Iv'e been hankering over getting a rsv arm but all the decent ones go for an arm (no pun intended) and a leg however there is one on ebay which might go in my price range but it has some mild road rash but no dings, maybe powder coating would cover that up.

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#72 Post by furygan man » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Shetland Woody wrote:Thats stunning all those mods really suit her, what i really like is the black rsv swing arm. Iv'e been hankering over getting a rsv arm but all the decent ones go for an arm (no pun intended) and a leg however there is one on ebay which might go in my price range but it has some mild road rash but no dings, maybe powder coating would cover that up.
:smt003 Sods law when you want one there're not around, i paid over the odds for mine and then Willopotimus had to work on it before i got Griff to powdercoat and fit it...there were some over the Winter for around £40...not what you want to hear but as the wise heads on here say, be patient and they do show up...trouble is I ain't patient and want everything now!! Although i did do well on the Oz wheels

Once you have the swingarm there's also the various guards and plastic trim to get and also ensure the bolts are all free, mine aparently was a nightmare so glad i knew the right people to do it for me...on the lookout for Ohlins forks now! :smt024

Shetland Woody
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#73 Post by Shetland Woody » Thu May 03, 2012 8:50 pm

So much for me getting my mille arm fitted as soon as i got it. I had promised pics but the hugger i put to the sprayer to get colour matched has been there for a month and he's been to busy to get around to it yet, i don't want to get pushy as he's a m8 but i want it done now. I was waiting until i had it ready then get the full effect straight away but i cant wait no more so this weekend hopefully i will get the arm on :smt003 it's going to look lurvly :smt001 :smt001

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#74 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu May 03, 2012 9:12 pm

ohlins forks.....

you are aware that ohlins cartridges will fit straight into your showa forks??

probably a bloody sight cheaper and then they would be serviced ......

have a chat with griff

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#75 Post by furygan man » Fri May 04, 2012 7:44 am

Aladinsaneuk wrote:ohlins forks.....

you are aware that ohlins cartridges will fit straight into your showa forks??

probably a bloody sight cheaper and then they would be serviced ......

have a chat with griff
Took a while to sink in that, nah the forks were just for 'bling' factor as much as the plushness, the current Showa's were serviced by Griff last year anyway when he fitted the rear shock and did the service i honestly wouldn't know (appreciate) the difference anyway the amount of time i'm on the bike...have only been on it for 2 hours so far this year!!! But thanks for the heads up anyway

Anyhow have now got back into cycling and mountain biking so all the monies being pumped into that hobby again...just have to work on the story of how all these bikes are suddenly appearing in the basement :smt003