No it's not a black one!!...(Updated!)

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

No it's not a black one!!...(Updated!)

#1 Post by furygan man » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Rear bling...
(Click on image)

Awaiting Winter hibernation...

Last edited by furygan man on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 am, edited 21 times in total.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#2 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:03 pm

very nice

i have to say i have also thought about covering the radiator fans.....

now, can i interest you in some black spray paint

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#3 Post by furygan man » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:04 pm

...i am tempted!

fastasfcuk
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#4 Post by fastasfcuk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:44 pm

nice looking bike.
you need to cover your no plate though.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah looks good - and I'm sure it looks better in reality - pictures never seem to do justice to those Fire Red ones.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

joecrx
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#6 Post by joecrx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 pm

cool looking bike

philgro64
Despatch Rider

#7 Post by philgro64 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 am

Nice bike. What bellypan is that?

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#8 Post by D-Rider » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 am

philgro64 wrote:Nice bike. What bellypan is that?
Skidmarx
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#9 Post by furygan man » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:30 pm

...sprayed to match, then pulled and bent into fit where the holes are :smt005

HowardQ
World Champion

#10 Post by HowardQ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 pm

It looks really good mate, (in my 2nd favourite colour as well).
You don't tend to see too many Fire Red Falcos with colour matched belly pans and I reckon it was well worth the effort.
Hope you manage to get out and enjoy it more.
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#11 Post by furygan man » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 am

thanks Howard

should be out tomorrow around Rutland Water, my mate has a Royal Enfield (one of the recent ones)

herbacious
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#12 Post by herbacious » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:08 pm

did you remove the stickers or did you get it like that?

I'm thinking of removing mine, they are tatty and make the bike look old, plus I am a big fan of plain solid colours and letting the shape of the bike do the talking, if you know what I mean

definitely want to remove my stickers, but worried that it will balls it up and make it look worse - yours looks tidy though so I am definitely interested in how you did it (if you did that is)

belly pan looks real nice too but the price is a bit too much for me at the mo.

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#13 Post by furygan man » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm

have a good trip...where did you go?

right, the bike came like that, i was a bit suspcious as i thought it may have been in a smash and been resprayed. There's still the tank one and the dark shade ones on the upper fairing, they are hard to spot anyway.

From what i've previously read it's easy to so with a hair dryer to heat the glue and peel off, the Aprilia tank one stays as it's laminated over top, then just clean mess off with wd40 or similar, that's how i removed my tank pad as it was looking messy

Glad they were removed as like you said looks much better without, the bronze/black ones have more descreet labeling...it's nice to keep people guessing as to the model i think!

spraying the belly pan after you buy it is the same amount again...crazy, because of the metalic fleck they spay an undercoat of silver and build up the red coats, used to do airbrushing in my early career so understand where they are coming from

herbacious
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#14 Post by herbacious » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:38 pm

ok the trip was bradford to portsmouth

then 24 hour ferry to santander north spain

then a motorway blast (the fastest corners of the trip mind, thats the most fun motorway i've ever been on!) up to the french border and from there up into the Pyrenees mountains (and the start of the real fun)

Then east through the Pyrenees flicking between france and spain, amazing scenery and twisties but unfortunately a lot of crappy road surfaces with lots of freshly laid loose chippings (gravelons in the local lingo).

then up through france on a north eastern direction heading towards the alps. The roads on this bit were absolutely amazing, but so were the temperatures. Smooth deep black tarmac and sweeping fast corners though - amazing place.

Into the alps and the most amazing bit of the trip, 60 mile sections that involve only two or three roads, very little traffic and basically amazing roads that go over the top of really high mountains. Stunning basically, I can't wait to go back.

Then north out of the alps towards belgium and a nice little section of forested twisties around here heading towards Chimay for a night of exceptionally strong beer :smt002

Then from there back to calais and took a couple of days coming back up through the UK to home, though a bit disappointed in this bit tbh I don't think we found a good route so it ended up being pretty boring.

Now back home, just washed the bike twice to get all the flies off, gonna wash it another time I think just to finish off and then give it a polish to get rid of a few scuffs and scratches.

Re the stickers, just took mine off now, I could actually just pick them off with my fingernails though I now have some darker red stripes which looks a little odd, though still better IMO, especially from further away where you can't really notice.

Will try some of the scratch sorting polish on it to see if it smooths it out a bit.

furygan man
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#15 Post by furygan man » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:46 pm

blimey sounds fantastic...one day...maybe??