The 'Post a picture of your bike' thread

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Pussyhorse
Despatch Rider

#61 Post by Pussyhorse » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 am

Shut it ya big bawbag!

Samray
Double World Champion

#62 Post by Samray » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:19 pm

I can only see two, and one of those seems to have lost it's HAZARD stickers! :smt003

Pussyhorse
Despatch Rider

#63 Post by Pussyhorse » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Lo Sam! :smt001

There is an LC there goddammit!

That's another XRV. Toxic finally crumbled to shit and I had to get rid of it.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#64 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Thought i'd just bump this thread up again..

Some of the old RS crew who went racing will remember my very little (at the time) Sam who used to potter round cleaning the bikes and stuff.
He's kinda grown up a bit, now being almost 12..

Wasnt til we were clocking his speed down the runway on his Crosser (40mph btw) that I got a shock and realised just how grown up he's getting!
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#65 Post by Willopotomas » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Where to begin?

At the start I suppose.. My first bike. 1989 CG125.. Still got it.. In a bit of a state mind..lol..

Bought this CB125TD-E to do my test on, as I'd ridden the CG in to the ground.. as ye do.. Sold this to the training school

Bought this CB250N off me mate for £60 and did i up. Paint job and a few other bits.. Still got this..

Progression. My dad bought this BMW K100 and did a bit of touring on it. After a couple of years, he bought the LT version, and this was mothballed. I dug it out of retirement when my 33bhp limit was lifted. First thing i did was ditch the fairings..lol.. Crashed in 2006 and was a bit of a wreak.. Have done it up since, but haven't put it back on the road.. No particular reason.. Just haven't got round to it..

My pride and joy! Although you wouldn't think it now.. 1974 Triumph T140IV Chop. Loved it so much I broke it's back. Was forever having to fix somthing.. Which is why I loved it so much.. Am planning on getting her back on the road for 2011!!!!

NEXT! lol. Bought this from a mate for £800 while i was sorting the K100 out. Didn't get on with it, so sold it on. It's now back with the mate i bought it from in a little worse of state. :smt009

After the Z750 came the KZ1100-LTD.. Which i've recently sold. To be fair, it was a good bike, but I just didn't click with it. Not sad to see it go either TBH,

Then along came this little beauty. 1966 Triumph 6T. Bought as a form of investment. I've no intention of selling her.. I'd rather ride my inheritance than see some banker wanker living off it!

After the sale of the KZ, came the VFR.. Bought for the sole purpose of getting me to Jersey and back. Which it did without fault. I do miss this bike a little as I didn't get a chance to fully get to know it. Motorways and looooong straight A roads ent the place to test bikes out properly. Picture was taken on Jersey.

And then to... THE BEAST!
(Photo by Gio)

That's about it really. Had a few others along the way, but don't have any pictures. Appologies for the poor quality images to begin with.. They were taken when digital cameras were first starting to emerge.. The day's before camera phones had even been thought of..lol.. :smt006
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

Falken
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#66 Post by Falken » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:07 pm

:smt001
Just thought i'd try and post a pic.

Bet you can guess where it is.[img]http://i568.photobucket.com/album/ss122 ... s/JH4Q1162[/url]
Adventure before Dementia.

Falken
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#67 Post by Falken » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:08 pm

I know it's still in Photobucket, but how do i get it on here?

Falken
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#68 Post by Falken » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:13 pm

:smt001 Image

Trying again.

Samray
Double World Champion

#69 Post by Samray » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Nice colour coordination. :smt002
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

Falken
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#70 Post by Falken » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Thats what you get when you have the same bike for nearly 10 years.

Still can't find anything better, so i've stopped looking.

Falconihlist
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#71 Post by Falconihlist » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Not the best pictures yet, but it's gradually coming together.

Before, just after I picked her up from the previous owner

After a few changes and replacement parts

Just need to pay a visit to Nooj, and get the headlight replaced for a UK spec one
Black is fastest!

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#72 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's a TL1000S I see lurking in the background in one of the photos, isn't it? I had one of the first one of those that made it to the UK (in British Racing Green), and it was a Bit of an Animal... But the Falco beat it in pretty much every aspect; engine excepted (honours about even, I think).

Falconihlist
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#73 Post by Falconihlist » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm

You would be correct on that observation. That was what I swapped for my old Mustang, and I didn't think it would be a good first bike at the time, so I sold that the same day I got the Falco.
Black is fastest!

rick
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#74 Post by rick » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Some nice bikes here! My biking history isn't so rich... but I've made up for that now being a Falco owner!

First bike(!) was a Peugeot scooter... bought it from a dealership in Oxford that went bust and got a good deal... it was a good way to get used to two wheels (ok, not as good as a geared motorcycle, but it served me well after my CBT) and used it for my daily commute between B'ham and Coventry.

Next up was a DAS and this was my first proper bike... loved it in every way possible... used for my daily commute from B'ham to Leicester and plenty of fun trips... putting 29k on her in a year... but then some silly bint pulled out on me and it was written off :(

Had a Hornet 08 model for a while as a hire bike but that was shockingly bad... next up was a Bandit 650... it wasn't really what I wanted but I needed a cheap solid bike for my commute... put around 12k on her before changing her...

A recent change of job (meaning I have a 10min walk to work) meant I didn't need to rely on a bike for commutting so I could have a real think about what I wanted... and I remember seeing a Falco overtake some years ago and thought, simply, WOW! Then I joined this site and now have this:

"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop. Isle of Man TT Champion.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#75 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Falconihlist wrote:That was what I swapped for my old Mustang, and I didn't think it would be a good first bike at the time, so I sold that the same day I got the Falco.
A TL is a brave choice for a first bike, I have to say... To be honest I think the hysteria was rather overdone, although it did slap on roads where no other bike I've ever owned has done it.

But like I say, the Falco is superior to the TL in pretty much every way. I was sad to have to get rid of my TL (out of work for 15 months, so it had to go), but the Falco more than made up for that. It has better brakes, better suspension, a superb chassis (the TL was pretty poor in that respect), a great engine that probably has more mid range than the TL, better ergonomics, better looks, better pillion carrying ability, better front end feel, the list goes on...

And of course it has the RSV/Mille/Factory as donor bikes for potential upgrade parts. Ya can't go wrong... :smt003