Guess what's new

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Guess what's new

#1 Post by squadron Nero » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Just an excuse to show off the new bling😎

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#2 Post by HisNibbs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:51 pm

OZ wheels?
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#3 Post by squadron Nero » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:54 pm

HisNibbs wrote:OZ wheels?
Have a cookie sir :smt003 you are correct

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#4 Post by HisNibbs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Thank you i will. Have you taken it for much of a spin yet?

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#5 Post by squadron Nero » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:40 pm

HisNibbs wrote:Thank you i will. Have you taken it for much of a spin yet?
Yes and no. I went on the bike4life ride out today but had Mrs Nero on the back so I had to ride very, erm, conservatively. Hopefully give it a proper test next weekend on the Buxton meet :smt003

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#6 Post by squadron Nero » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:53 pm

One thing to note is they came with a brand new set of Michelin pilot powers fitted. One I'm always a bit weary of new tyres especially ones I haven't ridden on before and first impressions are they're good but not as good as the angel GTs I've got in the Brembos. Two the rear tyre is a 190/55. I've only had 180/55s on before so not sure what impact that will have. They guy I bought them off had several bikes including an Eddy and claims that the 190 is a much better size for the bike. I'm still yet to decide as I need to give it a proper test. Although being wider it is a little close to the chain for my liking, there's only about an 8mm gap. While there's no evidence this far that the two have come into contact it seems a little close.

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#7 Post by randomsquid » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Since I saw it last, wheels, rearsets, levers, indicators. Shock, belly pan? Paint it brown and it'll be golden...

I took advantage of the bike for life thing to go be a twat round Shifnal, Telford and Bridgnorth while everybody else was doing something worthwhile and also not clogging the roads up. Yes I'm a shitbag. No I don't care. Also, PR3s - dogs danglies.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#8 Post by squadron Nero » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:22 pm

randomsquid wrote:Since I saw it last, wheels, rearsets, levers, indicators. Shock, belly pan? Paint it brown and it'll be golden...

I took advantage of the bike for life thing to go be a twat round Shifnal, Telford and Bridgnorth while everybody else was doing something worthwhile and also not clogging the roads up. Yes I'm a shitbag. No I don't care. Also, PR3s - dogs danglies.
The shock isn't on yet, I'm waiting on a bearing kit for the banana arm then I'll fit both at once, bit of a long story that one but it's turning out to be a right pita. It's also had a forza chip, balanced throttle bodies, blade stand, supersprox sprocket, x ring chain, dropped a tooth on the front, K&N air filter and more. Spent a bleedin fortune on it, why I'd want to ruin it by painting it brown I don't know! :smt016

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#9 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Tyres are a very personal thing - whatever works for you. But I'd give the 190/55 a decent audition - I've got them fitted to both Falcos and really like the extra ride height and the overall feel with them. A 190 rear section is the recommended one for a 6" rim. The 180 is primarily intended for a 5.5" rim, but is also homologated for a 6" rim.

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#10 Post by HisNibbs » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:15 am

Another vote for the 190/55 which I have had for the last couple of rears. Impact is the tyre provides more lean angle so harder to loose your chicken strips. 180/55 is the next best and standard. 190/50 which my OZ came with, is I think too flat a profile so wear to the edge almost without leaning over.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#11 Post by D-Rider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 am

HisNibbs wrote: 190/50 which my OZ came with, is I think too flat a profile so wear to the edge almost without leaning over.
Could be useful for Pete .... he may be able to look like a hero just from it rocking about on the flat-bed.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#12 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 pm

D-Rider wrote:
HisNibbs wrote: 190/50 which my OZ came with, is I think too flat a profile so wear to the edge almost without leaning over.
Could be useful for Pete .... he may be able to look like a hero just from it rocking about on the flat-bed.
:smt003

I bought my TL1000S new in 1997, and that had a 190/50 on the rear as standard on a 6" rim. I got the bike in late February and was so keen to see what it was like I took it for a gentle bimble of about 30 miles to start running it in. When I returned I was astonished to see (as Keith says) that I'd scrubbed the tyre to the edge. I really wouldn't recommend a 190/50 unless you're a very steady rider.

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#13 Post by squadron Nero » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:22 am

I'm going to keep them on, I paid for them so I'll get the use out of them. It's just whether I go back to a 180/55 when I next change. I'll give them a fair test through out their life. I do think the bike looks better with a fatter tyre on the back :smt004
Thanks for the info guys.