The Capo & the Bird

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

TwinkietheKid
Despatch Rider

The Capo & the Bird

#1 Post by TwinkietheKid » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm

So far they get along

On my "getting to know you" trip.
'03 Falco, in the fast colors
'15 Caponord, look upon my toy, ye Mighty, and despair!  :smt001

Frenzies bewilder, reveries perturb the mind.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:41 am

Nice. I've never seen one of the new Capos on the road.
What's it like to ride?
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

TwinkietheKid
Despatch Rider

#3 Post by TwinkietheKid » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 am

D-Rider wrote:Nice. I've never seen one of the new Capos on the road.
What's it like to ride?
The suspension is rather plush compared to the Falco. Even on the rider/passenger/luggage setting. You can feel the suspension move under you when you make adjustments. The mileage is down in comparison, but the six gallon (24 litre <--Look! I spelled it right!) tank means you can go well over 200 miles between fill ups. The engine is great, lifting the front is simple. The seat is too soft for me. I have an airhawk now and I'm experimenting with how much air it will need.

It is tall! My 30 inch inseam can barely sit flat footed at traffic lights with the rider/luggage setting and not at all with the rider/pass/luggage setting. I can't sit flat footed with the airhawk at any setting.

The owners manual "recommends" too many things to be dealt with by the dealer, even oil changes. The service manual states that the ABS modulator, mounted in front of the oil filter, is to be removed to get the filter off. This is a lie. The owners manual also "recommends" the dealer perform chain adjustments. So far, I have discovered regular maintenance is easy enough.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's a keeper.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:55 am

TwinkietheKid wrote: The mileage is down in comparison, but the six gallon (24 litre <--Look! I spelled it right!) tank means you can go well over 200 miles between fill ups.
Well done with the spelling - though I'm guessing you've not converted colonial gallons into true gallons
:smt005

As for the instructions to get the dealer to do all of the simple service items, I think it's a trend carrying over from the car industry. My car manual tells me to take the car to the dealer to change a headlight bulb!
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

TwinkietheKid
Despatch Rider

#5 Post by TwinkietheKid » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 pm

D-Rider wrote:
TwinkietheKid wrote: The mileage is down in comparison, but the six gallon (24 litre <--Look! I spelled it right!) tank means you can go well over 200 miles between fill ups.
Well done with the spelling - though I'm guessing you've not converted colonial gallons into true gallons
:smt005

As for the instructions to get the dealer to do all of the simple service items, I think it's a trend carrying over from the car industry. My car manual tells me to take the car to the dealer to change a headlight bulb!
Of course I used the US liquid measurement! There's a reason they teach math in school. :smt019 Or at least they used to.

The Capo forum on AF1's site has bit of a running debate about just how much of that 24 litres are "real".

TwinkietheKid
Despatch Rider

#6 Post by TwinkietheKid » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:02 am

First fill up after the fuel light came on. I was only able to put in 4.5 gallons (that's 3.74 blighty gallons). I'm confused by just how much of a "reserve" there is. :smt102

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by D-Rider » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:04 am

TwinkietheKid wrote:
Of course I used the US liquid measurement! There's a reason they teach math in school. :smt019 Or at least they used to.

TwinkietheKid wrote:First fill up after the fuel light came on. I was only able to put in 4.5 gallons (that's 3.74 blighty gallons). I'm confused by just how much of a "reserve" there is. :smt102
Good to see that you can do the maths to convert into proper units
:smt019

:smt082

TBH I have a suspicion that Italian litres may be smaller that SI litres given their 'optimistic' tank capacities
-- Albert Einstein

TwinkietheKid
Despatch Rider

#8 Post by TwinkietheKid » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:38 pm

D-Rider wrote:
Good to see that you can do the maths to convert into proper units
:smt019
...there's an app for that... :smt087