Baby bike rides again!

Post a picture of your bike or any cool bike pictures you've seen on your travels.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

Baby bike rides again!

#1 Post by BikerGran » Thu May 15, 2014 7:29 pm

I expect Kwackerz is the only one now on here who remembers the story of my little Yamaha RXS100 and how I went touring in Normandy on, with all my camping gear
It's been in my shed for years awaiting restoration with nothing happening so last autumn when I saw a bloke advertising for a small Jap stroker to do up and ride, I got in touch. He was hoping for a 250 Kwak so I offered him a 100cc Yam, he came to have a look, and snapped it up! (Yah boo sucks to hubby who's been saying for years that it was rusted out and I should scrap it!)

He told me that when it was on the road he's bring it round to show me - and yesterday he did! Seriously chuffed doesn't even begin to cover it, I could have kissed him! Specially as he said he absolutely loves riding it - as I used to!

He still has things he wants to do, but he never intended a fancy resto - anyway, here it is!

And this was the day he picked it up....

The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by mangocrazy » Thu May 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Excellent stuff, BG. I also remember that story, and would have gladly snapped your hand off for it. The new owner's made a smashing job of it, and I'm sure it'll do many more happy miles.

nicketynoo
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by nicketynoo » Thu May 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Awesome this has brought back memories for me too. I bought one brand new in 1984 when I turned 17. It was the red one. I used to travel at least 60 miles a day round trip to my training centre in Hull. It was a massive jump in power from my yamaha rd 50. It was so nice being able to accelerate up hill made a huge difference to my commute. I want one :smt002
I don't care if you lick windows,
Take the special bus
Or occasionally pee on yourself.
You hang in there sunshine, you're special!

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#4 Post by HisNibbs » Thu May 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Looks an 'honest' bike and no doubt it does what it's supposed to do, well. Nice he took the trouble and pride to show you the result of his work.
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

fatboy
World Champion

#5 Post by fatboy » Fri May 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice one BG, it certainly went to a good home.
We all love a happy ending :smt002
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#6 Post by BikerGran » Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Seems everyone wants one now I've parted with it - no wonder he snapped it up when I asked for £100! But I'm happy, cos the bike's back on the road and being ridden.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by D-Rider » Sat May 17, 2014 9:35 am

To be honest, I think that as long as you can afford it, you'll be far happier it's gone to someone who has restored it, clearly cares about it and will look after it than someone who might pay more but ride the thing into the ground without a thought or a care.

Great story :smt001
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#8 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sat May 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Nice to see the bike restored

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#9 Post by Willopotomas » Sun May 18, 2014 11:53 am

Another classic back on the roads. Excellent. :smt004
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#10 Post by flatlander » Sun May 18, 2014 8:34 pm

He really has made it look nice what a nice tale
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock