Snowdonia YHA Ranger Station

Where to go, where to stay and how to get there. Share your touring tips and ask for advice here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

old git
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

Snowdonia YHA Ranger Station

#1 Post by old git » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:13 am

Just thought of this, went there in Feb. roads around as you can imagine are brilliant (even in Feb.)
Was only £15.95 (+£3 non members fee), warm, dry bed, clean sheets (sealed in a pack for your arrival).
Never been to one of these before, but doing a small tour via various YHA in July.
Hot showers etc.etc. for the money can't be beat I don't think & most of them are in brilliant aras.
This one had plenty of parking, lakeside aspect, fry-up in the morning if you wanted it for small charge, or make you own in the catering kitchen, small bar & meals available in the evenings for the lazy like me.
Give it a go, cheaper than hotels & better than camping in the winter.
Hiding under a carpet of grey hair & lard.

Samray
Double World Champion

#2 Post by Samray » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21 am

Had a quick smile at the mention of youth in connection with the members of this forum, but yep, good thought OG. :smt001
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by MartDude » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:45 pm

AnachronisticRiderSite?
Nice reminder, OG; I'd never considered YHA places, even tho' I used them frequently in my youth ( :smt017 seem to remember being young once). I believe they're much less spartan than they used to be
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!

snapdragon
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#4 Post by snapdragon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:03 pm

I've recently joined YHA, having no wages as such these days I can't really drop £50 into travelLodge once or twice (in between campsites) in a weeks travelling if I need somewhere to 'flop', YHA seemed a bargain :smt003
Snappy ~~X~X~{:>