Time for me to leave.

General Aprilia banter

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

chris.h
Despatch Rider

Time for me to leave.

#1 Post by chris.h » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:23 pm

I bought my Futura new in April 2005 and have been on many long trips on it,two up and overloaded with luggage. I no longer do long tours so it has to go. I fancy something from my youth to replace it, a Lawson replica, a Z1000J, a GPZ900R or maybe a Kawasaki triple. It will be in the for sale section as soon as I write the ad. I've had much help from this forum, the AF1 forum and the people I've met through Pat's U.K site. Many thanks everyone.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Re: Time for me to leave.

#2 Post by D-Rider » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:18 pm

chris.h wrote:I bought my Futura new in April 2005 and have been on many long trips on it,two up and overloaded with luggage. I no longer do long tours so it has to go. I fancy something from my youth to replace it, a Lawson replica, a Z1000J, a GPZ900R or maybe a Kawasaki triple. It will be in the for sale section as soon as I write the ad. I've had much help from this forum, the AF1 forum and the people I've met through Pat's U.K site. Many thanks everyone.
Woooah ! Hold on there - there's no need to leave.

This is Ridersite after all and we value the people on the forum (the bikes are interesting but they don't post much on here)

Stick around and tell us about your "new" bike :smt001
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#3 Post by flatlander » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:37 pm

And surprisingly I agree with DR ;) x
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

fatboy
World Champion

#4 Post by fatboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:24 pm

I agree with those two as well.
The clue is in the title Ridersite.
If you insist on this silly behaviour then I'm sure one of the 'Admins' will give you detention and make you write out some lines.
We'd all be pleased to hear of your new ride,especially if you find what you mentioned :smt006
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

chris.h
Despatch Rider

#5 Post by chris.h » Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 am

It has been sold, for the first time since 1978 I don't own a motorcycle and I feel a little....... odd.

Gio
Double World Champion

#6 Post by Gio » Wed May 31, 2017 10:55 am

chris.h wrote:It has been sold, for the first time since 1978 I don't own a motorcycle and I feel a little....... odd.
Not half as odd I as I felt when I said I was packing in riding and didn't :smt005
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by mangocrazy » Wed May 31, 2017 7:09 pm

chris.h wrote:It has been sold, for the first time since 1978 I don't own a motorcycle and I feel a little....... odd.
I suspect that when the (hopefully very distant) day comes when I have to hang up my helmet I will probably keep a bike just to polish and mess about with. Or perhaps two... :smt003

fatboy
World Champion

#8 Post by fatboy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:54 pm

I did about 10 years without a bike, always an itch I couldn't scratch.
Eventually the then Mrs agreed to a bike on financial grounds....
After a lot of moaning ' you love your dogs and your bike more than me' I concluded she had a point....
Then came the ultimatum ' me or the bike'.....
I'm sure you can guess :smt002
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#9 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

:smt003

If someone starts making ultimatums, then it normally means the end of the line, as far as I'm concerned. Sensible people negotiate and discuss.

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#10 Post by Greg » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:41 pm

My Mrs has finally realised that I have made more money selling bikes than she has made selling her old clothes and furniture.
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...