TB Question

General Aprilia banter

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

STiGLiTZ
Despatch Rider

TB Question

#1 Post by STiGLiTZ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi, I,ve just bought an '03 mille engined tuono. Whilst in the process of taking it apart to see what has/has'nt been done mod wise, I found this ( circled )...
........It's on the right hand side of the TB casting, sucking air in like a good un & looks like it should be connected to something!
At small throttle openings & whilst decelerating the fueling is very poor. Could this be the culprit?, and if it is where/how should it be re-connected. If I blanked it off what would happen?
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but with no manuals to hand and an almost vegetable like approach to all things mechanical, I figured you'd be the guys to ask for help!

Tonyunn
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#2 Post by Tonyunn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:28 pm

The only thing I can say for certain is a couple of weeks ago I removed a rubber sealer cap from that item on my falco to replace it with a vacuum lead for a Scott Oiler I was fitting, so I would say that it should be sealed.
Speed Blue SL 1000 Falco
Harley Davidson....the most efficient way to turn petrol into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower..

STiGLiTZ
Despatch Rider

#3 Post by STiGLiTZ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Noted tonyunn thankyou, I'm thinking along that line, hoovering in air post TB butterfly's can't be right?
Just didnt know if there was a reason it had not been blanked off or what it should be connected up to.

Lovely falco by the way, I had one in speed blue :smt001

Tonyunn
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#4 Post by Tonyunn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm

I know, I did a double take just to be sure.
Speed Blue SL 1000 Falco
Harley Davidson....the most efficient way to turn petrol into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower..

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#5 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 pm

suggest that you cap it off and see how it runs

I suspect that you will find you are missing alength of tube....

a good peruse of https://www.apriliayorkshire.co.uk/cata ... tle%20body may well give you a clue :)

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

STiGLiTZ
Despatch Rider

#6 Post by STiGLiTZ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:45 pm

A thousand thank's to you both, I'll go get my coat...I mean cap.

blinkey501
World Champion

Re: TB Question

#7 Post by blinkey501 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 pm

STiGLiTZ wrote:Hi, I,ve just bought an '03 mille engined tuono. Whilst in the process of taking it apart to see what has/has'nt been done mod wise, I found this ( circled )...
........It's on the right hand side of the TB casting, sucking air in like a good un & looks like it should be connected to something!
At small throttle openings & whilst decelerating the fueling is very poor. Could this be the culprit?, and if it is where/how should it be re-connected. If I blanked it off what would happen?
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but with no manuals to hand and an almost vegetable like approach to all things mechanical, I figured you'd be the guys to ask for help!
Can't for my life remember what it is connected to but i did fit my scotoiler breather to this with a t piece. Yes it definatly needs fitting correctly to the thingy :smt017
Tolerance will be our undoing.

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#8 Post by Falcopops » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 pm

That's a spare, used for balancing the TB's should have a cap on it, the other one is linked to the slipper clutch system.

This will probably be the cause of your of throttle stumbles

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#9 Post by Dalemac » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Falcopops wrote:That's a spare, used for balancing the TB's should have a cap on it, the other one is linked to the slipper clutch system.

This will probably be the cause of your of throttle stumbles
I agree, not having this blanked off is probably related to low rev throttle problems.

STiGLiTZ
Despatch Rider

SORTED!

#10 Post by STiGLiTZ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:34 am

Ace, thanks chaps....Quick fixed it with blanked off fuel hose & a couple of clips, which will do until the correct cap drops on the mat. Now runs as smooth as, just in time for next weeks baltic blizzard...