What colour panniers

General Aprilia banter

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

old git
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

What colour panniers

#1 Post by old git » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 am

As I now have the new FUtFut, in the 2-tone Darkness Black, anyone know for sure what colour the panniers are supposed to be?
One side has some 'texturing' which I plan to sort over winter, but want to get a close match to the rest of the bike.
Looked at RS paints & their kits on Ebay, but it only seems to give the one clour. Obviously most of the bike is the gloss black, but the panniers & small panels on the bike look to be a titanium / bronze type colour.
Anyone have info? could it be these parts were sprayed with the matt 'Ash Black' that prilia had lying around from prev. years???
Ta
Hiding under a carpet of grey hair & lard.

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by MartDude » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:16 pm

It's possible yours are replacements for an earlier or missing set -I've occasionally seen seen 'new' Fut panniers advertised - someone on AF1 a few years back discovered a cache of several sets - IIRC they were a neutral dark grey sort of colour.

As regards the correct colour, I suggest you ask on AF1; also, PM Teulu - he's the only person I know with a black Futura, but I'm not sure if it's the Ash or Darkness variant. I'll also ask Pat - Captain Futura - although he's abandoned motor bikes in favour of mountain bikes, he's still the UK No. 1 Futura anorak.
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!