New Clutch Slave Cylinder

General Aprilia banter

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#16 Post by D-Rider » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:54 pm

MartDude wrote:
Never having had the need to fiddle with my slave.
So you've not been frequenting Saville Row then?
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#17 Post by MartDude » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 pm

I was waiting for something like that :smt002
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!

fatboy
World Champion

#18 Post by fatboy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Back to clutch slave cylinders and the difficulties bleeding them...........
Not sure if you will find one to fit as I think they are more brake caliper inspired but Wemoto sell a range of Banjo bolts with Bleed nipple fitted
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#19 Post by D-Rider » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 pm

I'd say the thing that makes the greatest difference to bleeding the clutch is to add a bleed nipple at the master cylinder. Obviously you still need to bleed it at the nipple on the slave but getting air out of the top as well makes a real difference.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#20 Post by MartDude » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:07 pm

For anyone with an Evoluzione clutch slave; just had this reply from AF1; works out at just under £28.00 for a packet of three seals

"We got them here
http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/ ... duct=38641

Normally $40 is our minimum for International shipping, which covers you up to 2kg. It also covers the insurance, extra paperwork, risk, tracking number, etc. We 100% guarantee it’s safe arrival. Order more items to make it closer to 2Kg. Delivery is usually within 7 days.

For very small orders like yours, we can use a $20 method, no tracking number, no insurance, but we'll still guarantee its delivery, about a 7 day delivery but can take weeks.

The $20 option is not shown online because the $40 for 2kg option really is the best, fastest, most reliable method we have ever used. We've been shipping International for 10 years. Just add a few more items to the same order to make it more cost effective.

If you would like the $20 option, order the small item online normally, and in the order comments box put "please use $20 airmail method".

We will edit the price down before billing your credit card and ship the product out."
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!