Help in the North?

General Aprilia banter

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

Thank you all!

#16 Post by KitchenSync » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 pm

The nice man (and biker) at the local garage is letting me lurk in the corner for a hour or so and use his gear here in Haydon Bridge. Discs arrived from http://www.blackshadow-uk.co.uk/ as promised and look stunning... £199 for the full set of three.

Trouble is I neglected to get new pads - hopefully a factors in Hexham can get them in during the day otherwise it's a punt into Newcastle which I could do without.

I even gave Sig a wash before his op... said he didn't want to go in for surgery with a dirty bottom.

Looking forward to being able to stop in a less "riding over railway sleepers" manner for the first time in many 1,000s of miles. I overhauled the callipers a few weeks ago - I guess this is the source of the problem as two sets of worn discs have gone Pringley in 15,000 miles.

KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

All done!

#17 Post by KitchenSync » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks to the top guy Simon at Scudamore's in Haydon Bridge for giving me free reign of his garage - Signor Falco has new brakes and an MoT.

Holy shit - I didn't realise how tired the old one's were - stops faster than Road Runner now... thunununununun

Very annoying shudder though at low speeds... hopefully that'll disappear as they bed in?

But they are a thing of beauty aren't they?

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Re: All done!

#18 Post by D-Rider » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm

KitchenSync wrote: Very annoying shudder though at low speeds... hopefully that'll disappear as they bed in?
You have bedded them in properly, haven't you?

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-suppo ... ther-myths
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein